“Aladdin's Cave for Cheese Lovers” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
Detroit, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Aladdin's Cave for Cheese Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Love cheese but difficult to find anything interesting in our area. This place was like an Aladdin's cave for us. Staff very informed about the cheese and samples to try. Vast selection of wine also. Try the wine and cheese tasting - good fun. I only wish this store was nearer home.

Visited May 2013

Chico, CA
4 attraction reviews
“One of my BEST experiences in Carmel that weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I cannot have pasteurized dairy. I would ruin my day to just have a tiny bit. When we walked into the Cheese Shop I was hoping they would have 'something' I could taste for my passion for cheese runs deep- even with my Lactose challenge. We were greeted warmly and lead through numerous cheeses, all with education and personal opinion. We were greeted within minutes and led through our awesome journey of amazing tastes, history, and education by Dan- who seems more genuine and passionate about cheese than I've ever seen. He started by asking what we like, and asked about my lactose intolerance. Then he proceeded to bring on the cheese- he seemed so thrilled to share with us- when we would buy just a sliver of a slice he wrapped it as though we bought a whole pie/wheel. Dan recommended a banquette and salami (which he sliced for us) and we took our picnic back to our ocean-view porch where we savored each bite. If I am ever able to make it back to Carmel, I will not miss the Cheese Shop! Thank You!!!

San Jose
10 attraction reviews
“Take some cheese to the beach & relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We frequently drive to Carmel for the day just for a get away from Silicon Valley. We heard about The Cheese Shop on television, and couldn't believe that we had never been. So in August of 2012, we decided to stop here before going to the beach. Our oldest son was going to be leaving for college, and we wanted to have some family time relaxing on the beach and having a light lunch.

When we walked in the door at the cheese shop, they greeted us and immediately offered the four of us a sample of imported cheese. Our youngest son love blue cheese, and they quickly began to slice off two various blue varieties.

When you make a decision about which cheese you want to purchase, they will slice off as much as you like. The amount you purchase is completely up to you. I really liked this since I decided to buy three varieties.

I had a job assignment in the area today (08/02/13), so I brought my kids with me, and we made stopping at The Cheese Shop a priority! We purchased two different varieties of cheese, Brie from France, and Stilton Blue from England.

The folks that work here are very knowledgeable about the types of cheese they sell, and can also refer you to wine pairings.

I absolutely love this Shop, and if you love cheese, you will too!

Visited August 2013
Old Saybrook, CT
89 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent cheese shop with lots of varieties. The staff is great, inducing you to try all sorts of cheeses. Had to bring some back to Connecticut with me.

Redwood City, California
55 attraction reviews
“a cheese lovers delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

if you like cheese, this is a must, you get to sample, and there is so many choices, even if you your not that fond of cheese , its an experience to stop in and smell the cheese.