“Great View and Service but you pay for it” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacific's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Raleigh, NC
“Great View and Service but you pay for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We are vacation club owners with Hyatt and were staying at the Highlands inn and decided to eat dinner here one night since I had a restaurant.com discount coupon. It would have been too pricey for me were it not for that. Great wine list and really good food with service to match. If you get a table near the windows views would be good but not as good as at the Rocky Point that I also have reviewed. I would go back if staying at the Hyatt or for a special occasion. It is in the same historic building as the reception for the hotel and condos. Built in the early 1900's it was a lodge of some sort before Hyatt bought it. Celebrities like Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra supposedly frequented it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Obrien, CA
“An Expensive Disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We are Residence Club owners and have dined at the Pacific Edge several times over the last twelve years, but haven't been back for a couple of years. So we thought we would give it a try.We were given a beautiful table next to the front windows and had a great view of the Pacific. The restaurant has a dress code of business casual and we noticed that people were being seated in shorts and tee shirts ? As we were enjoying our wine a nicely dressed couple sat at the the table next to us and the young lady immediately started talking on the telephone.It sounded like she was trying to hard sell someone on the other end. We could hear her conversation and it was very annoying. After it went on for 45 minutes we asked our waiter if there was a policy regarding cell phones and he said there was and would report it. Nothing was ever done and after an hour she finally got off the phone. The food and service was good, but the dinning experience was not.the restaurant is way overpriced.As we left the restaurant we spoke to the Maitre d and expressed are disappointment and he stated that he heard about the telephone problem, but what could he do and how could he refuse to seat someone that is not dressed properly. We just shook our head and left.This is not an upscale restaurant and certainly does not come close to many of the the great restaurants in Carmel. They closed the California Market restaurant( their casual dining restaurant) and they lowered their standards for the Pacific Edge to try and capture that segment of their business and that was a big mistake. We will not be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Amazing View and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were on a 2 week holiday in the US from Europe and treated ourselves in Carmel to dinner at Pacific's Edge. It has just stunning views - we'd recommend arriving well before sunset to take advantageous of the views.

We enjoy our food and we had an excellent dinner. I had a perfectly cooked salmon (pink and moist inside) on a bed of velvety buttery corn. My husband said he had the best steak he's ever had, it sort of melted in your mouth.

Table seating is on a first come first serve basis (although you need to book well ahead) so there is a bit of a scramble to get the coveted corner table (look out for that competitive couple!).

Visited October 2013
Sylvania, Ohio
“Should Be Named "Clinging to the edge"!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you have read any of my other reviews you will realize that I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt...so I did...and what a flop! I had such high hopes for Pacific's Edge. The list of things that went wrong are too long to list so I welcome any private questions about this place. I echo all of the previous, poor reviews on this place and will add that the service was extremely slow to the point of painful. We waited almost 30 minutes for someone to take our drink order and another 15 past that to get our drinks. We weren't really sure who our server was at all and the gentleman bussing and clearing our table really should have been the head server, he was fast and so sweet. The steaks were flavorless and either overdone or underdone and not properly seasoned. We ordered the brussel sprout salad and it was awful. It smelled so rancid and when I brought it to who I believe to be the server's attention he argued with me explaining that the vinegar in the salad smells that way. Seriously? That salad was rancid! He did remove the plates but then acted as if our table didn't even exist because he never returned to our table the rest of the evening. Later in the evening they brought 2 complimentary desserts that were fair at best. The restaurant was about 1/3 full and what a shame because the view is priceless overlooking the water and cliffs. I feel bad for folks hoping for a meal to match the view. Considering this place is in a Hyatt hotel you would think they have their act together but nope! The only great thing about our meal was the bottle of Peter Michael that we brought with us. If you are looking for a dynamite view, check it out for a cocktail but save your pennies and please do not dine there! See my review for The Bench at Pebble Beach for the same view and a fantastic meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Time your visit for the sunset and then enjoy a great meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a group dinner here at our group meeting in Monterey. We were careful to arrive before sunset and enjoyed the absolutely gorgeous view of dear old sol dropping into the Pacific. We then retired to a large room where we were feted to a lovely dinner which included a flavorful sampling of fresh seafoods followed by mushroom ravioli in a sauce redolent of veal demiglace that was the highlight of our visit to the central California coast. We then enjoyed grilled halibut that was perfectly prepared and stood up nicely to the DuMol Pinot noir we enjoyed that night. We really had a wonderful experience and definitely recommend it; we will be back.

• Visited September 2013