“Charming Gourmet” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Charming Gourmet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Loved that the locals eat here and cherish it. The pasta is home made. The Osso Buca was great as was the the pork loin. The waiter was attentive and the ambiance of this small place was just charming.

Visited July 2013

86% Recommend
manhattan beach, CA
“I'm sad I don't live closer! Simply wonderful...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fresh and tasty food, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable and warm setting! Please stop by and tell the owner the couple from New Jersey/Manhattan Beach sent you! (I promised I would spread the word!)
The fried green tomatoes are deliciously coated in corn crumbs, the broccolini and potatoes are crispy and flavorful. The pasta is fresh, the soup is hearty...I could go on and on. And we brought Murphy, our dog, who was warmly welcomed by everyone.

Visited July 2013
Toluca, Mexico
“This restaurant is awesome for any person that knows real italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

try the Octopus app and the Osso Buco, they are simply amazing. the personnel is fun and dilligent.

It id not appear on the GPS, but is easy to find. Junipero St between 5th and 6th.

best in the Monterey area by far.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Area
“Excellent and Innovative Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wonderful restaurant with great outdoor seating in back and in front. The octopus with melon was one of the best appetizers I have ever had. We shared the osso buco which was made with lamb instead of veal and topped with a mint gremolata. Different and delicious. The wine list was very interesting and reasonably priced. The portions are very large and we shared the octopus and the lamb and were quite satisfied. The olive oil served with the bread is also excellent. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone. It is especially friendly to dogs and they put out water for them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nutley, New Jersey
“REAL, AUTHENTIC Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We are foodies. We live in Northeast and eat regularly in Manhattan. We've also been to Italy. There is a certain level of excellence we expect from our Italian food... and this place totally hit the mark. After a very poor meal at a different Italian place in Carmel on our first night there... we tried La Balena on our second night. The restaurant was packed but we were offered a table on their private outdoor patio right away. It was a cold night but their outdoor heaters kept us comfortable throughout our meal. I love seeing lardo on a menu! It's like a green flag telling me that the chef is Italian! The octopus app was truly amazing and PERFECTLY cooked (which isnt easy when it comes to octopus). Our desserts were also fantastic (I ordered two and I'm proud of it). We talked with the owner at length after our meal. He knows his stuff, has worked for well-known chefs (Battali), and understands the way real Italian food should taste. I can't say enough about this place... it felt like a little slice of home in Carmel. Don't miss it. It's truly authentic.

Visited June 2013