“Seafood with an oriental influence” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Seafood with an oriental influence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014 NEW

We found this cozy restaurant during a vacation to California. Carmel is a charming seaside town with many shops and restaurants. This small restaurant is convenient and has many good
menu choices. The Peppered Ahi entrée was especially tasty, along with the Black Bean Halibut prepared steamed in paper pouches. the wine list was varied and reasonably priced.
The servers and the owners were friendly and efficient.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brookline, Massachusetts
“fresh fish done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 NEW

My wife and I ate here when we were stopping in Carmel overnight, on the way to Big Sur, after flying in to SFO from Boston. This asian inspired seafood restaurant was just right for that night. Fish, not to elaborate, but done right. It's also popular with locals, which is always a good sign. We'd go back.

Visited August 2014
Laguna Beach, California
“Great Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014 via mobile

When I made the reservation, I had no idea that Flying Fish had an Oriental bent. I knew from the reviews that the seafood was reported to be excellent, but when the won ton chips w/dipping sauces came, I thought this might be special. It was!

Everything that we ordered was truly exceptional, especially the halibut and salmon. We definitely will be back when we return to Carmel.

Visited August 2014
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

You must make a reservation. We really enjoyed our meal. We started with 2 appetizers my husband had the California tower basically a deconstructed crab roll, it was delicious, I had ordered a spicy tuna tartare, I did not find it very spicy but it was good. I think I will try the crispy spring rolls next time or get the Californina Tower. I had the Black Bean Halibut steamed in parchment paper it was very good. But my husband picked the winner again, the Almond Seabass. I had a taste it was delicious. We went all out and both had dessert. Marty had the Green Tea Sundae which was much better than I thought it would be and I had the warm banana sundae which was very tasty. We will definitely visit this establishment next time we visit Carmel

Visited September 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Perhaps our best meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate fabulous meals tonight. Flying Fish is an unassuming place. Dress up or dress down, whatever your personal preference may be for the night. We were seated promptly even though we were early for our reservation. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with our choices. The food was fresh and really flavorful. I had the halibut and my wife the scallops and shrimp fettuccine. We were both wowed by the favors. We urge anyone who favors fish or seafood to try this gem.

Visited September 2014