“I had heard some really...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Monterey, California
“I had heard some really...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

I had heard some really good things about this place, so was kinda excited. It wasn't that great. the sushi appetizers tasted like store bought. The main entree was average, but kinda pricey for what I got. The best part was the green tea ice cream sundae, but I always have a weakness for ice cream.

87% Recommend
Massachusetts
“A real treat in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I had such a good experience there that my husband and I ate there two out of four nights we were in Carmel. The first night we were seated next to a woman who wore the most awful perfume. It was so strong, for the first time ever, I asked the host if we could move tables. He was so gracious and professional. The food was very good, and the menu had good variety and interesting choices. I recommend Flying Fish. The service is excellent, food is very good, and it's a beautiful area to walk around before and after dinner. I'd recommend making a reservation for sure.

West Vancouver
“Interesting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Reservation handled well.
Unusual decor. Confusing menu, uncertain whether it wants to be European, American or Asian.
Menu and wine list are both limited.
Service was cheerful and attentive.
At best it was an interesting experience which is unlikely to be repeated.

St Albans
“Carmels Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Great little restaurant. Nice friendly staff and most importantly the food was great with flavours etc ....PERFECT... a must place to eat in Carmel

Walnut Creek
“Not worth the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

We were in Carmel in November, 2007, and this restaurant was recommended by several local people. Although we made reservations a day ahead, we sat near the door. The food (as another reviewer said) was very bland. My boyfriend cannot remember what he ate, and my tempura was tasteless and soggy. It was also very crowded and noisey; instead of a slow, romatic dinner, we made every effort to finish quickly and leave. There are so many better restaurants in Carmel, so don't waste your time here!