“Fabulous atmosphere, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Fabulous atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Recommended by our B&B owner. Was within walking distance and took reservations. I had sashimi which was heavenly. We had fabulous service and great local beer. I think my husband had salmon was wonderful. The desserts are all worth trying. Loved that the owner stopped by our table.

Visited October 2013

Sacramento, California
“Enjoy chips and salsa and sea bass!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

SERVICE
- A mere 5 minutes after arrival with a reservation
- Quick to refill our waters.
- Nice that the owner came by to chat

AMBIENCE
- A little difficult to find (Hint: the entrance is down the stairs)
- Small and cozy
- Unique decor of flying fish upon entry
- Small but clean bathroom

FOOD
- Addicting won ton chips and ginger salsa
- Almond-crusted sea bass was my favorite! Perfectly cooked fresh fish!
- Rare Peppered ahi was good, but just not as tasty as the sea bass

PRICE
- A little on the pricier side, but worth it for fresh seafood.

Nice date spot. Would definitely come back here!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento
“A fun unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is our second visit and while the first was outstanding, this time was magic. We can strongly recommend the unique Clay Pot Dinner that was cooked at our table for 2 or more persons. We were a party of six which made the experience even more enjoyable.You can have seafood or beef, fresh vegetables, tofu, mushrooms, rice noodles, cooked in broth, all served with various dipping sauces and steamed rice. Not only is it a taste experience but healthy too.

Visited January 2014
Toronto
“Tuna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Don't let the stairs down to the lower level deter you. One of the best tuna dishes I have ever had. Friendly efficient service!!

Visited January 2014
Manhattan, KS
“Cozy place & delicious/creative food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Based on reviews by other TripAdvisor reviewers, my husband and I went to dinner at Flying Fish Grill. We made reservations and were very glad we had, because they were very busy on a weekend night (this was right after Christmas when Carmel is packed with tourists). The food was delicious. The won tons and "salsa" are so good. I seriously need the recipe. For our entree, my husband ordered the tuna and I got the almond crusted sea bass. Although both dishes were excellent, I have to say I wouldn't reorder the sea bass (I kinda hoped for a little more seasoning) because it was so overshadowed by the sauce and serving of the tuna. It was tempting to overlook manners and lick my husband's plate.

Overall layout of the restaurant...kinda an old-school Japanese steakhouse flare with wood slat walls and private little "nooks" for the tables. Lighting lowered, but maybe because it was Christmastime and they had hung little white lights everywhere. Charming. Not a big place, but it feels somewhat private. I thought the prices were fair for the amount of food served.

We did not order dessert, but rather strolled the Carmel town streets since the weather was decidedly beautiful (just needed a light jacket).

• Visited December 2013