“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant is tiny. Its food is wonderful. I tried the black cod, something you usually can't find on the East Coast. I explained my dietary restrictions to the owner who was more than forthcoming. The service was both excellent and informal.
This was a really fine California seafood restaurant, with Asian overtones. You will not be disappointed

87% Recommend
Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The restaurant is located right on Mission so it's central to everything in Carmel. However, it is set back from the street and actually below street level. For those seeking dramatic views of Carmel, this isn't it.

We were surprised by how small the restaurant was considering how popular it is on T/A.

We ended up conversing w/people sitting on both sides of our table.

The service was laid back, informative and quite attentive.

The food was excellent. It is extremely (as one could guess from the name) fish-centric but they did have a couple of non-fish options.

The quality of the food, the preperation and presentation were outstanding. I had the seared ahi and my wife had the seabass. We had a crab appetizer that was an amazingly generous serving.

Wine options were good and the prices quite reasonable. It's not hard to see why this place has garnered the accolades.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Best seafood restaurant on the peninsula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Asian fusion seafood. A beautiful wooden interior lovingly designed and built by the chef/owner. Excellent food and atmosphere. What more do you need?

• Visited February 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Best restaurant in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well, thanks all the other recommendations from the other travelers who recommended going here otherwise I wouldn't have. Rich the owner of the place was nothing but helpful when I arrived earlier than my reservation. I felt like I just wanted to see if I could get an earlier, however since the food was outstanding now I know why. They have about 15 tables and let me tell you, if your going to Carmel I wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else but here. I had the almond bass words can't explain how delicious it was and I ended it with a banana sundae. I changed my up a little but you couldn't beat the ice cream or the home-made hot fudge, OUT OF THIS WORLD. I HIGHLY recommend calling for a reservation.

Assisi, Italy
“It was delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Eating here was a beautifull experience. Everything was perfect, kind service, supergood food. Very good wine list.

Visited August 2013