“Best restaurant in Carmel” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Best restaurant in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well, thanks all the other recommendations from the other travelers who recommended going here otherwise I wouldn't have. Rich the owner of the place was nothing but helpful when I arrived earlier than my reservation. I felt like I just wanted to see if I could get an earlier, however since the food was outstanding now I know why. They have about 15 tables and let me tell you, if your going to Carmel I wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else but here. I had the almond bass words can't explain how delicious it was and I ended it with a banana sundae. I changed my up a little but you couldn't beat the ice cream or the home-made hot fudge, OUT OF THIS WORLD. I HIGHLY recommend calling for a reservation.

• Visited August 2013

87% Recommend
Assisi, Italy
“It was delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Eating here was a beautifull experience. Everything was perfect, kind service, supergood food. Very good wine list.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Timeless Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have been coming to is restaurant for 15 years and it always is one of our favorite meals in Carmel.

The menu never changes and why change it when everything on the menus is wonderful? Everything is fresh and cooked perfectly and served by friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013
Monterey
“Romantic and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved loved loved this place. ESP when they cook food right in front of you. Small so make reservations.

• Visited February 2013
Des Moines, IA
“Subarashii, nee! (Truly wonderful, *yes*!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We started with the nikumaki (green onion roll) and steamed artichoke (and the wasabi and miso vinaigrette highlights are delightful), then ordered the almond crusted sea bass and the grilled salmon. It was a special meal together with family before I returned to my work in Asia, and was a wonderful way to share with them some of my favorite Japanese flavors without going all the way back to Japan to do so!

Not everyone gets to The Flying Fish via automobile: As for us, we Midwesterners had taken a Gray Line tour of the Monterey/Carmel area (highly recommended, by the way, for those visiting this area without a vehicle, and who are more interested in the scenery than in figuring out the highways), and we had 90 minutes to "find lunch". Upon walking down the steps and seeing the gorgeous oceanfront views, we spotted The Flying Fish Grill. In a flash, we could smell the delicious Japanese culinary fragrances wafting in the air, and we immediately agreed to go in to see how long the wait would be before we could be seated. We were pleasantly surprised by being seated in no more than 5 minutes after arriving! *Now* (after seeing that so many other travellers have discovered the Fukumotos' restaurant), it would be ***much*** wiser to have a reservation *before* arriving!

Have also recommended the Flying Fish to work colleagues and others across the country (some who live in the same area, and who had *no* idea it was even there! If this place were in *my* backyard, I would be over there *constantly*!). If you love fresh seafood, Asian cuisine, and excellent service, wait no more: "fly" over to the Flying Fish ASAP!

• Visited September 2012