“Cant go Wrong” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Monterey
“Cant go Wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

This resteraunt is a partial employee owned establishment and in my opinion is really what makes this place stand out. Our waited was great and provided the perfect balance of coversation and space. I had conversations with two servers and they were equally impressive. Very knowledgable and inquiring. They start everyone out with a mango salsa and chips (great) and the meals are moderatly priced as well as the wine list. This is a great place to take family or firends visiting from afar. Tucked in to the heart of carmel, if you are in the mood for california fusion please try this place. You will quickly become a fan!

San Francisco
“Good but read false reveiws”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

My husband and I went there to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I had read many reviews on this restaurant before I decided to book it. Many people said this is the most romantic restaurant in Carmel. Well, its not! Its also not as cheap as is stated on many reveiws but I didn't care about that. We were there to celebrate. The appetizers were mediocre, however the main courses we had were the specials for the night, were both extremely good. My husband was overjoyed to find Abalone on the menu and even more excited to discover that is was cooked to perfection. All in all, we enjoyed our visit, its just wasn't romantic!

2 Thank LeMerestblue
Ann Arbor
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

Outstanding dinner. Flying Fish does a great job of bringing Asian cuisine into the Carmel ambiance. Tucked away on the basement level of the Carmel Mall, but well worth the effort to find it. Innovative dishes, quality ingredients and excellent service. We had a seafood soup that was really memorable.

1 Thank a2djs
San Francisco, California
“Asian Food Haven in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I was looking for good Asian cuisine in Carmel by the Sea, and I was surprised at the limited choices. I went with a group of friends to celebrate a special occasion, and I wanted our dinner to be perfect. Well, Flying Fish Grill was the perfect choice. Relaxed atmosphere, good ambiance, terrific service and excellent food. Don't miss the beef rolls with green onions, deep fried oysters, seabass and lobster. This will definitely be on our list whenever we visit Carmel.

2 Thank diamondback07
North Hollywood, California
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Highly Recommended!!! - jeanlwest
We recently went up to Carmel for the weekend and wanted to take my inlaws there to eat, who were visiting us from Japan. We very stupidly went to the Flying Fish restaurant without reservations ahead of time. The owner Kenny was very gracious and let us in anyway and gave us a great table to boot. The food was great, the wait staff was excellent. We were there for a good hour and a half and they fussed over us constantly making sure we were happy and had everything we needed. I had a hard time deciding between their signature shrimp curry soup and the tuna sashimi dish, I finally settled on the shrimp curry soup which I had no regrets about whatsoever. I had gotten up to use the bathroom and when I came back, the waiter had brought us a plate of the fresh tuna sashimi complimentary of the owner. It was extremely generous of them and showed a lot of class. You will not be disappointed, if you want to impress someone, take them here, you will be glad you did!

2 Thank JLWW65