“A sweet fantasy!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Mill Valley, CA
“A sweet fantasy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Candy of all sorts, from the "penny" variety to gourmet hand-made fudge. Something for every sweet tooth!

Visited August 2013

92% Recommend
Sacramento, CA
“Licorice tasting...REALLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This darling cottage has it all. Unique candy, great people, great service and FUN! You can actually do a licorice tasting! Find candy you can't find anywhere else.

Visited August 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
“Willy Wonka is Jealous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

How rare to find a gourmet candy shop with a truly different and interesting selection. The cottage itself looks like it was an extra in a children's movie. To see all of the unique and tasty candies from the UK, Finland, Germany and other places was a joy. The folks working there did not seem thrilled, but everything else made up for it.

TIP: Rasberry truffles cannot be avoided!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fudge and English toffee...yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stopped in at this sweets shop after dinner and got some cookie dough fudge and English toffee. Good candy and pretty good prices, compared to other higher end chocolates. Very small space, but cute shop and a fun stop during our evening stroll in Carmel.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great candy shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Such a cute little candy shop in a great location on a shopping street in Carmel. They had a great selection of British chocolate, which I normally would have taken advantage of...but they had fresh fudge, so I went for that! It was amazing. I tried 5-6 flavors and mostly, they were amazing. The only one I didn't care for was the Turtle, as it reminded me of a Snickers bar, and I like creamy fudge. Otherwise, everything was a hit. The rest of the family loved the gummy bears and other sweet & sour chewy choices.

The woman that helped me (Karen, I think?) on two of my three visits, was very sweet and even though it was crowded both times she helped me, she took the time to pack the fudge nicely in a box and provided a knife. On my other visit, though the man that helped me was nice enough, he put my fudge in a bag and as it was a hot day, it got a little soft and slightly melted in the bag, which was a bit of a drag. Minor problem, though, and now that I know I would request a box if somebody else helped me.

Overall, a lovely place and I hope to visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere