“Friendliest Staff Imaginable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Verde Inn

Save Saved
You added Monte Verde Inn to your Saves list
Monte Verde Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Monte Verde St at Ocean Avenue, PO Box 394, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Cupertino, California
“Friendliest Staff Imaginable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I could not believe how friendly the staff was! They walked us to our Casa Queen room, poured us a glass of wine, and made sure a little inconvenience was fixed immediately (along with giving us a bottle of wine as an apology!). When we couldn't attend the evening social, Lisa saved some of the food for us to enjoy after our night out! We were moved to Queen Room 8 overlooking the courtyard our second night, and loved it. The Inn's location is wonderful (we never needed our car), and if you're in Carmel to get out and see the sights, stay here as a very convenient, inexpensive home base. I preferred the unique Monte Verde Inn room over the downstairs Casa de Carmel room we started with. We will definitely be back - although if I expected to spend a lot of time in my room, I'd spend the extra money and book the condo to have the living space and view (we took a peak, and it's beautiful!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Phoenix AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Checked into room 101. Small but comfy. The young man who checked us in and out was very helpful and gave us great tips on the area. Was only there for one night. Would highly recommend for short visits. Check out their web special rates for affordable rates in desirable Carmel location within walking distance of dining, shopping and beach.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked the King Casa, but on arrival were told they had a lovely room, across the street, in the back....but constantly insisted it was a lovely room. Well, rustic, clean, but not the room we had booked. The website showed a very modern room, we got a old style motel room, with a partial closet, that housed the fridge. The skylight directly focused the morning light at about 5 on the bed, so sleeping in is not an option. The bed was comfortable, duvet a lot out dated, buy clean.
Would I recommend this place, no.

Room Tip: Possibly the King casa, if you can get it, we didn't.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This inn features rooms that are on the smaller side, but extremely cozy. The country style decor and the in-room fire places give Monte Verde a great feel. The inn hosts a wine and cheese hour with live music during the weekend which is beautiful way to spend the early evening. In addition, the free in room breakfast is a cute bonus feature.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were able to stay here through Groupon and the manager was kind enough to extend the time period for me since that was the only weekend I could make it. Very hospitable staff, the room was small but very pretty (love the colors on the bed) and everything worked. The water pressure wasn't very strong in the shower. We thought the breakfast was more than enough - especially lots of fruit that was very nigh quality. I had no issue with noise and slept well. The wine was very good. I didn't have a dog with me but think it's great that it is dog friendly. We would return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The service upon check in was adequate and the location is absolutely perfect. It is set right off the main road exactly halfway to the beach and halfway to the beginning of the town. The room we stayed in the room 8 and for the price it was good enough, however I was glad I did not bring the dog because there would literally be no where for him to sleep and he's a chihuahua. The bathroom was super tiny as well (see pictures) and the fan was super loud. The electric fireplace was broken when we arrived which they did offer to fix, but the maintenance came at a bad time so we declined. Room 8 also faces the back seating area so you can hear when people are out there. Also the people above us were easily heard as well. I have no idea what they were doing but it seemed that all they did was walk around the room in the early hours of the morning and the late hours of the night .It did not bother me too much, however I could see it being incredibly annoying to others.

The breakfast was a super sweet pastry, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and a piece of fruit. It was adequate enough to hold you over until you found a real breakfast/brunch place. The parking is extremely tight. We opted to park down the street since it was difficult to get out of the parking spaces. The manager's reception on the weekends was nice enough. There was cheese and meats as well as dips and chips. Like others I would also describe this place as quaint and since I got a good deal it was definitely worth it. I would not pay peak prices though. If there was a good deal I would go back only because the staff is friendly enough and the location is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Room 8 faces the back porch and directly under another room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grass valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I would like to say that the staff here was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were also decorated nicely and very clean. But I have a few complaints. We were put in the number 9 room and it was very small. The bathroom was almost half the size of the whole room! There was hardly any room between the bed and the wall. So we asked the staff to move us to a new room and they did. This room was bigger but you literally could hear everything! The window and walls were very thin so all the noise came right in to our room. It sounded like everything was happing right next to us. Again, we told the staff and they moved us. Unfortunately, this room was not any better in regards to the sound. I was woken up around 10:30 to my neighbors having sex! That continued for most of the night! If that wasn't enough the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Because of these reasons I would not stay here again.

I wrote this review because these room are not cheap and I would want to know this before booking a room here.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!