“Couples relaxing retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Monte Verde Inn to your Saves list
Booking.com Otel.com
Monte Verde Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Monte Verde St at Ocean Avenue, PO Box 394, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$109 (USD)
Ranked #10 of 31 Carmel B&B and Inns
Ventura, California, United States
“Couples relaxing retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Front desk was very helpful and accommodating, Parking is an issue, limited parking and the whole CIty has 2 hour parking, so get there early and secure an of street parking spot.room was nice, Fire place was a great feature and in room wine was a nice treat. short walk to the beach, shorter walk to restaurants, and shops, great location, central to downtown.

Room Tip: MV-5 has a fireplace and is right next to front office.

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

positives:
*good location, it's nearby the shops in carmel
*got us a deal for winter rates: chateau julienne wine + $25 voucher at "village corner" restaurant upon arrival
*office was really small + cute; you may take some fruits and tea, biscottis (although the front desk didn't offer you i assume it's for guests and they didn't say anything when i took it :D)
*room was cute, small, clean and nice. I'm not sure if cute means good to everyone, but I feel cozy in the room. It's quite romantic
*The bathroom size was quite okay, not too big, not too small
*amenities: gilchrist & soames face/ cleanse soaps/shampoo/showergel, bath salt, shower cap, body lotion, 2 bathrobes, some cloths especially for cleansing ladies' makeup, good amount of extra towels and 2 bathmat, 2 bottles of drinking water in the fridge (you can always ask the front desk if you need more water later but the front desk is close at night so you want to ask them before they close), coffeemaker, coffee(reg & decaf), extra blankets & pillow in the wardrobe area, 2 small mint chocolates, 2 wine glasses, 1 alcoholic beverage also provided in the crystal square decanter (i didn't drink it though because I'm not an alcoholic), blow-dryer, slim TV, electric firework that works like a heater that can change color when we set it up like that.
*Bed is clean and cozy. I could sleep easily on a queen size bed for 2 peeps
*They deliver & knock on your door around 8.30am for Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, 2 apples, 2 activia yogurts, & some pastries/quiche in the bag. If you're a vegan, you can only eat apples which is quite ok for a lil' bit, but it's not a fulfilling breakfast for vegan peeps.
*parking: they have small space on the side where the guests can park the car
*they have sitting area where your family can sit down together have some quality time together with firework & coal is provided there

negatives:
*the front desk should offer us some welcome drink or tea/coffee. Instead they just checked us in. People cm from far away to carmel; I was hoping they would be more comforting to the guests that just arrive. I don't think they're impolite or anything, it's just they need to be better i suppose. The front desk people are just alright, they should be more attentive though. I guess I just expect better to give a 5*.
*the wall is too thin, so sometimes you can pretty much hear in mumble what other people are saying in the other room and you can even hear their steps too
*amenities: i stayed here for a couple of nights & the housekeeping provide the amenities differently everyday. It's just 1 day i have bath salt, and the next day i don't. 1 day i have 2 body lotions, the next day not. 1st day i have shower cap, the next day they don't give me a new one. The housekeeping at least have to maintain giving each day the same amenities
*housekeeper: they should not put the vacuum cleaner on the way path where people are going to walk especially the path is so small. They should not put any bags/trashbag whatever in the way path of walking. When they do, it's just look careless & not thoughtful at all; especially the space in this Inn is so small.
*Breakfast: we requests to get more fruit for my breakfast a couple of days before (over the phone when we booked this hotel deal) , but all i got was just the apples, not even orange or pear or anything else. They have orange & pears in the front desk area. Again, I expected more "attention" in really fulfilling the guests' requests. I believe they have a couple of people working in the front desk, but they just don't communicate to each other / leave any note of guest's request. So I would definitely highlight the attentiveness of the front desk is not maximum enough to give me a 5*
*They only have 1 small desk next to my partner to put my glass wine/anything else. They should put one more night desk next to me so that it's convenient to both sides

Overall, it was nice to live in MonteVerdeInn, i will recommend people to stay here & i hope they will fix all the things i've mentioned in here that are (-)s to be (+)s & all 5 * from me in the future.

Hayward, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just spent three nights at the beautiful Monte Verde Inn. I was there on a site inspection for our company's VIP guests. I work with a DNC in San Francisco and have traveled the western states visiting Hotels, B and B's and there have been plenty I have been to that would not be worth a half a star. BUT the Monte Verde inn I can easily say get's on a scale of 1 to 10 easily a 10 with no doubt.

The hospitality the clean and beautiful accomodations the location and the pricing is unbeatable. Leora Sanchez is the General Manager and she treats this as if it were her own home. The guests adore her and her staff. If your going down to Carmel don't think twice. Give Leora and her staff a call you will not be sorry. Thank you Leora and staff for making my trip an enjoyable one.

William Silveria

Travelroads

Room Tip: Room 5 on the casa Carmel side is nice and large. And the Lodge suite will blow you away. with it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Mateo CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I bought this stay on a Travelzoo promotion and was not reaqlly expecting much. I know the town pretty well and could tell the location was just what my wife (picky) and I wanted so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I was not let down!

Let me begin with the negatives and get them out of the way. Our room (#1) was very small and right off of the lobby. They warned me it was small so that was no problem but the lobby location looked like it was going to be an issue. It was to a degree but since it is such a small place they locked up early and the only time there was any noise was during the day when my wife was reading. Other then that it just was not a problem. Thebed was not my cup of tea either but that is so much of an individual preference I hesitate to bring it up.

The room was "cozy" and had a fireplace, robes and a decanter of sherry along with coffee for the morning. Speaking of morning, instead of a "sit down" breakfast like some B&Bs, they bring a basket to your room each morning. Ours contained yogurt, fresh fruit (4 apples!), fresh pastries for a local bakery, juice and all the utensils you might need. It was really nice.

The place was clean and had a "hint" of upscale with robes and the things I have already mentioned.

Here's what set it aside. Service and location. The folks who worked here were universally wonderful. In particular Ali really worked at making our stay nice. He had suggested a restaurant to us that we REALLY wanted to go to. It was packed, reservations were filled and we were quite disappointed after walking past it and seeing how much fun it looked like it was going to be. Ali did not just make one call....he made several and low and behold they got us in at 7pm on a Saturday night. It was the highlight of our weekend and we just would not have been able to do it without Ali's persistence.

So...the bottom line? Clean, wonderful location near the village, priced right and first class service.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I had planned our trip to Carmel as a surprise for my boyfriend and from my email to confirm our booking (I had booked a couple of months in advance, online, so thought it would be smart to confirm nearer our arrival), I was impressed. I was emailed back immediately and they included a "we hope your boyfriend enjoys the surprise" (I had mentioned in my original booking that it was a gift for him).

Upon arrival we were greeted with appetizers and glasses of wine, a map, all sorts of helpful information / recommendations, and an offer to put a log on the fire if we felt like relaxing in the back courtyard once we'd dropped off our bags (which we did).

The room was small but charming, tastefully decorated, clean, and an electric fire was already running when we walked in (the bed was also very comfortable!)

Each morning we received a breakfast basket; hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, fresh pastries and juice - loved that!

A block up Ocean at the Carmel Coffee Roasting Company is a great place to get a latté (though there's also a coffee maker in the room), and a couple of blocks down Ocean and you're on the beach.

I'd strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for a budget conscious, romantic vacation in a beautiful town! I'd love to go back, as would my boyfriend!

• Stayed January 2013
Carmel-Inn-Keepers, General Manager at Monte Verde Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Most importantly, I'm very happy to hear that you and your boyfriend had a fantastic time!
As a traveler myself I'm very keen on fine detail and I sincerely appreciate your warmth for detail and the special touches. As the Manager of the Monte Verde Inn, I truely consider our guests my friends. While I did not get a chance to meet you on this trip, I'm sure our paths will cross again.
All the best to you!

Please visit again soon!

Warm regards,

Leora
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Monte Verde Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly and informative upon our arrival. We stayed in the family suite for 4 which had 2 double beds and a sunroom with a daybed. The bathroom had been recently redone with a huge tube plus standing shower. The breakfast basket every morning was a wonderful surprise filled with a hearty offerings. Also key was the side parking lot so that you didn't have to worry about parking meters etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Finally I got my family to leave the oven at home and do a new Thanksgiving ala Carmel. The best part of this new adventure was the Monte Verde. The darling Toile decorated room with 3 beds, the claw tub, the lush robes, and best of all....the bountiful complimentary breakfast left on our front door with a simple knock was endless! We are thankful and look forward to this being a tradition. The staff and General Manager were so thoughtful. Monte Verde is my home away from home FOREVER,

Room Tip: Book directly
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!