“Site inspection of the property for VIP guests of our company.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Verde Inn

Save Saved
You added Monte Verde Inn to your Saves list
Monte Verde Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Monte Verde St at Ocean Avenue, PO Box 394, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 30 Carmel B&B and Inns
Hayward, california
“Site inspection of the property for VIP guests of our company.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just spent three nights at the beautiful Monte Verde Inn. I was there on a site inspection for our company's VIP guests. I work with a DNC in San Francisco and have traveled the western states visiting Hotels, B and B's and there have been plenty I have been to that would not be worth a half a star. BUT the Monte Verde inn I can easily say get's on a scale of 1 to 10 easily a 10 with no doubt.

The hospitality the clean and beautiful accomodations the location and the pricing is unbeatable. Leora Sanchez is the General Manager and she treats this as if it were her own home. The guests adore her and her staff. If your going down to Carmel don't think twice. Give Leora and her staff a call you will not be sorry. Thank you Leora and staff for making my trip an enjoyable one.

William Silveria

Travelroads

Room Tip: Room 5 on the casa Carmel side is nice and large. And the Lodge suite will blow you away. with it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Mateo CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I bought this stay on a Travelzoo promotion and was not reaqlly expecting much. I know the town pretty well and could tell the location was just what my wife (picky) and I wanted so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I was not let down!

Let me begin with the negatives and get them out of the way. Our room (#1) was very small and right off of the lobby. They warned me it was small so that was no problem but the lobby location looked like it was going to be an issue. It was to a degree but since it is such a small place they locked up early and the only time there was any noise was during the day when my wife was reading. Other then that it just was not a problem. Thebed was not my cup of tea either but that is so much of an individual preference I hesitate to bring it up.

The room was "cozy" and had a fireplace, robes and a decanter of sherry along with coffee for the morning. Speaking of morning, instead of a "sit down" breakfast like some B&Bs, they bring a basket to your room each morning. Ours contained yogurt, fresh fruit (4 apples!), fresh pastries for a local bakery, juice and all the utensils you might need. It was really nice.

The place was clean and had a "hint" of upscale with robes and the things I have already mentioned.

Here's what set it aside. Service and location. The folks who worked here were universally wonderful. In particular Ali really worked at making our stay nice. He had suggested a restaurant to us that we REALLY wanted to go to. It was packed, reservations were filled and we were quite disappointed after walking past it and seeing how much fun it looked like it was going to be. Ali did not just make one call....he made several and low and behold they got us in at 7pm on a Saturday night. It was the highlight of our weekend and we just would not have been able to do it without Ali's persistence.

So...the bottom line? Clean, wonderful location near the village, priced right and first class service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I had planned our trip to Carmel as a surprise for my boyfriend and from my email to confirm our booking (I had booked a couple of months in advance, online, so thought it would be smart to confirm nearer our arrival), I was impressed. I was emailed back immediately and they included a "we hope your boyfriend enjoys the surprise" (I had mentioned in my original booking that it was a gift for him).

Upon arrival we were greeted with appetizers and glasses of wine, a map, all sorts of helpful information / recommendations, and an offer to put a log on the fire if we felt like relaxing in the back courtyard once we'd dropped off our bags (which we did).

The room was small but charming, tastefully decorated, clean, and an electric fire was already running when we walked in (the bed was also very comfortable!)

Each morning we received a breakfast basket; hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, fresh pastries and juice - loved that!

A block up Ocean at the Carmel Coffee Roasting Company is a great place to get a latté (though there's also a coffee maker in the room), and a couple of blocks down Ocean and you're on the beach.

I'd strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for a budget conscious, romantic vacation in a beautiful town! I'd love to go back, as would my boyfriend!

• Stayed January 2013
Carmel-Inn-Keepers, General Manager at Monte Verde Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Most importantly, I'm very happy to hear that you and your boyfriend had a fantastic time!
As a traveler myself I'm very keen on fine detail and I sincerely appreciate your warmth for detail and the special touches. As the Manager of the Monte Verde Inn, I truely consider our guests my friends. While I did not get a chance to meet you on this trip, I'm sure our paths will cross again.
All the best to you!

Please visit again soon!

Warm regards,

Leora
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Monte Verde Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly and informative upon our arrival. We stayed in the family suite for 4 which had 2 double beds and a sunroom with a daybed. The bathroom had been recently redone with a huge tube plus standing shower. The breakfast basket every morning was a wonderful surprise filled with a hearty offerings. Also key was the side parking lot so that you didn't have to worry about parking meters etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Finally I got my family to leave the oven at home and do a new Thanksgiving ala Carmel. The best part of this new adventure was the Monte Verde. The darling Toile decorated room with 3 beds, the claw tub, the lush robes, and best of all....the bountiful complimentary breakfast left on our front door with a simple knock was endless! We are thankful and look forward to this being a tradition. The staff and General Manager were so thoughtful. Monte Verde is my home away from home FOREVER,

Room Tip: Book directly
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a great time at this little place! The staff was very friendly and the evening reception was a great chance to meet some of the other couples at the hotel. They offered us a free bottle of wine and the sherry in the room was tasty as well. The location was great, just off the main street (Ocean) and walking distance to everything. It was a great pleasure to get breakfast in bed each morning! It was nice to relax and not worry about that first thing in the morning.

The rooms are a little small but why would you want to stay in the room? The walls might be a little thin for some people but we didn't notice the other guests.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small and the bottom floors might be noisy because of the customers above you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmel-Inn-Keepers, General Manager at Monte Verde Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews.
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear such nice and positive words not just about our property but also about our staff. Thank you!
We hope that you all return very soon and remember your not just our guests...your our friends.
all the best!

Leora Sanchez
Inn Manager
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I and my DH arrived late and true to their word a key and instructions were left under the front door mat leading us to our cottage room..They had even left a cone to hold us a parking spot though another guest moved it and parked there haha, So not their fault, we still found a spot! The room was clean and inviting upon our arrival though a bit cramped for us as we had a large dog crate. Again, not their fault. The bed was soft as a cloud and we slept like happy babies.

We had a bit of trouble the next morning and the ONLY reason I am mentioning it is because it all turned out spectacularly. When we awoke in the morning we had no electricity. This was due to older electrical wiring in this and the adjoining courtyard room and is completely remedied now so don't fret there people. They arranged space for us to iron clothes and get ready for our day.

This was a big weekend in Carmel, being the annual Poodle day and the town was booked solid. The staff at Monte Verde bent themselves over backward in an attempt to secure us lodging and in the end, someone cancelled at their sister location Casa de Carmel but if that hadn't been the case we still had a room ready for us in another location they had chosen.

Friday and Saturday nights are met with a bountiful wine and Hors d'ouvre presentation in the courtyard and as another reviewer remarked, this is not the generic cheese and cracker platter but a lovely selection of seasonal goods, lovely cheeses, and quality wines. Add to this the pretty lights and plants and you have a little fairy land. On Saturday they included a quitarist/singer to make it truly wonderful. Oh yes, and the breakfast baskets are of the best quality as well with local pastries and fresh fruit.

All told, we so enjoyed our stay that we will gladly return and in fact, have already booked our next visit!

See Casa de Carmel review and please give Monte Verde a visit. Such nice people and lovely clean rooms!

Room Tip: Remember to be honest with the reservation desk as to your needs as rooms in Carmel all run on the s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!