“Wonderful staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Verde Inn

You added Monte Verde Inn to your Saves list
Monte Verde Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Monte Verde St at Ocean Avenue, PO Box 394, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
california
“Wonderful staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I and my DH arrived late and true to their word a key and instructions were left under the front door mat leading us to our cottage room..They had even left a cone to hold us a parking spot though another guest moved it and parked there haha, So not their fault, we still found a spot! The room was clean and inviting upon our arrival though a bit cramped for us as we had a large dog crate. Again, not their fault. The bed was soft as a cloud and we slept like happy babies.

We had a bit of trouble the next morning and the ONLY reason I am mentioning it is because it all turned out spectacularly. When we awoke in the morning we had no electricity. This was due to older electrical wiring in this and the adjoining courtyard room and is completely remedied now so don't fret there people. They arranged space for us to iron clothes and get ready for our day.

This was a big weekend in Carmel, being the annual Poodle day and the town was booked solid. The staff at Monte Verde bent themselves over backward in an attempt to secure us lodging and in the end, someone cancelled at their sister location Casa de Carmel but if that hadn't been the case we still had a room ready for us in another location they had chosen.

Friday and Saturday nights are met with a bountiful wine and Hors d'ouvre presentation in the courtyard and as another reviewer remarked, this is not the generic cheese and cracker platter but a lovely selection of seasonal goods, lovely cheeses, and quality wines. Add to this the pretty lights and plants and you have a little fairy land. On Saturday they included a quitarist/singer to make it truly wonderful. Oh yes, and the breakfast baskets are of the best quality as well with local pastries and fresh fruit.

All told, we so enjoyed our stay that we will gladly return and in fact, have already booked our next visit!

See Casa de Carmel review and please give Monte Verde a visit. Such nice people and lovely clean rooms!

Room Tip: Remember to be honest with the reservation desk as to your needs as rooms in Carmel all run on the s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
SanFrancisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriends and I (party of 3) needed a great place to stay. Comfortable accomodations for 3
adults can be hard. We stayed in a room," the family suite".This room has 2 Queen beds, very
comfortable,good linens, and a twin daybed.The Queens are large so can also be shared. The daybed is in another area, so you can have privacy but close to the main bedroom. Very nice updated bathroom with freestanding tub and seperate shower.
The bathroom is all travertine stone. 2 TV's if you need.Cute little electric fireplace. A very nice continental breakfast is brought to your door step
in the morning. Fresh fruit, ham and cheese croisants, muffins, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, beverages.
You are in the heart of Carmel. Close to the beach, 1 block from Ocean Avenue where all the restaurants and shops are. Park, check in, no need to drive anywhere.
Bonus, on the weekends, wine and tasty apps are served complimentary in the early evening. With a bonus, Larry plays guitar and is very knowledgable about the area.Thanks to Sue for the delicious sage and gruyere bread pudding. The front desk is Very helpful too. Prices are good for the area.
All good , go!

Room Tip: The website and the front desk will be very helpful in choosing your room. This is a small Inn, the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I didn't even stay here but I have to give a huge shout out to the staff. My husband and I had spent the week in San Francisco for business and traveled down the PCH as I was dying to see Carmel and Big Sur (having never been to CA before). We were going to travel back up to spend the night by the airport for our early morning flight but after arriving in Carmel we decided to stay and explore as it's so charming. We stopped at the Monte Verde Inn to inquire about a room but we were told they were sold out but they invited us to sit on their porch and gave us a list of all the inns to call. They circled their favorite ones and knew which ones might have availability and best of all they gave us a complimentary glass of red wine and coffee and kahlua. They could not have been more sweet and helpful. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Carmel. We ended up staying at the Horizon Inn, which was very lovely and spacious and they gave us a beautiful picnic basket of delicious breakfast items as they knew we had to leave so early in the morning. Bottom line, the inns in Carmel are the way to go. Something tells me they're all terrific.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night during a drive through California. We arrived at the Inn later than check-in time and they had left a little note for us under the floor mat with clear directions to our room as well as a key. The room itself was very cute, however, very small. Not a lot of space for 2 people. A side table was set up in the bathroom for the coffee maker. We had a small balcony but it looked right into the building next to us. However, amazing complimentary breakfast came with it (croissants, buns, great juice, yogurt and fruit) and the staff are spectacularly nice. A plus is that it has free wifi. Given the area and season, it was a relatively good price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. My room was 2112. It was perfect, quiet and three blocks from Carmel Beach. The staff was very accomodating from the time I booked my stay. It's perfectly located, close to stores, coffee shops and resturants. Parking can be a challege after 6 pm everywhere. I suggest leaving the car parked while at the hotel until your ready to drive down the coast or venture out. Upon checking in I recieved $25.00 off of dinner at a local resturant and a great bottle of Chardonay from a local winery. Loved the fresh pastries, boiled eggs, breakfast bars and fruit delivered to my door in the morning. Nice touch! GREAT place for a romantic stay or a quick getaway!

Room Tip: Loved my room. Nicely decorated, quiet and I like being on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is the most quant little hotel gem to stay at in Carmel. Minutes away from the beach, shopping, and eating attractions, all within walking distance. The staff is more than helpful and accomidating, Ali spent time with me helping me decide on the perfect restaurant for my birthday. When I arrived to my room there was a nice bottle of wine, and a birthday card! Nice personal touch! The photos do not do this place justice.The rooms in the back are quiet and quant and a couple of them are larger with bear claw bathtubs. Everytime I visit Carmel this will be the place I will stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter and bigger.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful little boutique-style hotel, great location, friendliest staff and best service we've encountered on the west coast. Why can't all hotels be like this?? Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!