It was our first Christmas in many many years without the kids visiting so we decided to take the dog and spend the holiday at the Ocean View Lodge. We had the nicest time even thought it rained two out of the three days we were in Carmel. We stayed in room 204 which was an end unit with a view of both Junipero and 3rd St. The welcoming fireplace mantel was decorated with greenery and white Christmas lights and we had firewood each day to create a toasty celebration during our stay. Each morning we had a lovely basket of breakfast items and the local newspaper at our door at 7:30 AM. We went grocery shopping at Bruno's Market, a short distance down Junipero (walkable),and made Christmas dinner in our well-equiped kitchen. There was a small park behind the building to walk our lab and we drove to the ocean and ran the waves on Christmas morning. We would definitely stay again. Thank you Ocean View Lodge of a memorable Christmas!
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Hotel Carmel
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Hotel
- Horizon Inn And Ocean View Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious & attractive rooms, some with balconies, partial to full ocean views, stone fireplace and jacuzzis. Outdoor spa w/FP. Free Continental Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Ocean View Lodge Rooms are pet-friendly cottage like suites with wood burning fireplaces and separate master bedroom. Cont. Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Both properties are non-smoking and offer 100% off-street parking. Ask about our economical pet-friendly Annex rooms. ... more less