Tradewinds is a beautiful, cozy boutique hotel a few blocks from the main street that runs through town. My friend and I stayed in the Poet's Suite, which featured balconies, a jet/jacuzzi tub, one and a half bathrooms, a sitting area with a couch that converts to a bed, and a master bedroom with a giant, sumptuous bed covered with a down comforter. There are two large TVs, a small kitchen area with coffee and teas, dishware and a coffee maker (no microwave). They also provide pretty kimonos. They provided us with an orchid, snacks and chocolate covered strawberries
As lovely as the suite and grounds are, what struck us was the incredible customer service. Every person we encountered catered to our every need. In the morning, rather than having to go to the breakfast buffet, they delivered the food to us. There were homemade pastries, toasted bagels and cream cheese, fruit salad, and a big pitcher of coffee with sugar and cream. Staff gave us excellent suggestions for dinner (Vesuvio's, an Italian restaurant, was great) and pointed out shops we might want to check out the next day.
Tradewinds is luxurious but intimate hotel--and they allow dogs too! I left my pug at home, but we'll all be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel