After researching many hotels on trip advisor prior to our tip we settled on tradewinds, although the hotel was difficult to find from the sat nav instructions when we eventually found it wow it was worth it
We were travelling on a 17 day tour of California and celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and so had booked an upgraded ocean king view and to be fair you could see the ocean from the near side corner of the balcony but it was generally obscured by the overgrown palms covering the balcony, I asked for these to be trimmed which happened immediately and was much better
The room was lovely with the softest sheets I have ever slept in, I did consider asking where they were from and purchasing for home but as we were just at the beginning of our trip my husband put his foot down as he didn't want more luggage, we had a bathroom with spa bath and good sized shower with fresh toiletries that were very nice
Breakfast was included in the price but in my opinion could have been better and the choice was really quite limited to pastries and fruit plus coffee/tea and juice but that said we had just come from a resort in san francisco that offered an exceptional breakfast selection so we may have been harsh
All the staff we encountered were very friendly and offered to make dinner reservations and any other arrangements we needed.
Some of the nicer touches they offered, the chocolate dipped strawberries that were in room on arrival were to die for as we're the hand made cookies that were available from reception each afternoon, the sweets in room were a nice touch as was the complimentary water etc
Carmel itself is a lovely town and we are glad we visited as part of our trip
We would definitely recommend this location as a stop over and tradewinds and a hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel