We liked the Tradewinds, but our expectations may have been a little overly raised by the reviews. It is a boutique Motel and they have taken great efforts to update it to a very comfortable level with a delicious buffet continental breakfast (fruit, cereals, pastries, bagels, etc.), and well appointed rooms including very soft linens and robes, modern spacious bathrooms and complimentary welcome treats including chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, fresh orchids and snacks-nuts, candy, pretzels. The Asian-inspired decore was very relaxing and made me feel like we were staying at a spa. I recommend it if you would like to stay someplace quiet near downtown. Also, the staff was very professional and helpful.
I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because our first floor room was a bit noisy and had basically no view (facing the wall and windows of the place next door). On the plus, with our sheer curtain pulled we were able to get enough light and also plenty of privacy. Our last stay was at the Four Seasons, so I may also have overly high expectations of what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel