Stayed at the hotel for two nights. We reached carmel after nightfall and had a tough time finding the hotel. cant blame them though as they dont have door number. called the front desk couple of times and the lady very patiently guided us to the hotel. i must say that the ladies atthe front desk do a terrific job. they are friendly and always ready to give suggestions on activities that can make your stay pleasant.
The room that my wife and i stayed in was rather small, we did feel that price was on the higher side for an average room ( we paid $184 including tax) for a very standard room for each night.the toilet had a very obvious plumbing problem and one needed to use the plunger to declog ever so often . not exactly the experience you want on a hoilday or otherwise. Parking can be a pain if its full and we had to circle around a couple of times to find street parking.
breakfast was basic but well laid out. the beach is a short walk from the hotel . The biggest asset this hotel has is its staff, on the whole not convinced about the rates charged for this product.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonial Terrace Hotel Carmel
- The Colonial Terrace Hotel
- Colonial Terrace Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Terrace Inn is a 3-Diamond hotel in Carmel with a charming collection of 26 rooms and suites, many with views of Carmel Bay spread among seven buildings and lush garden landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Colonial Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.