The hotel is quaint - the beds comfortable, breakfast was a nice surprise - very good continental breakfast in the lobby. Free wi-fi, clean, safe, beautiful view. Parking is a bit limited and the staff varied from excellent - night shift - to borderline rude - morning staff at the front desk couldn't be bothered to assist a guest who couldn't understand the toaster operation.
It did absolutely pour rain in the morning - which caused water to leak through the french doors into the room. Since we waited for the downpour to let up before heading across the open courtyard to check out we were leaving the room at 11:05 when the same front desk operator called to be sure we were leaving...seemed a little aggressive. (check out is 11) Especially since I had taken the time to put some towels down to catch the rain pouring into the main room.
Nice to have two bathrooms, two bedrooms in the suite - bathrooms definitely could use updating. Also convenient to have the kitchen and dining room which we used.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonial Terrace Hotel
- The Colonial Terrace Hotel Carmel
- Colonial Terrace Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Terrace Inn is a 3-Diamond hotel in Carmel with a charming collection of 26 rooms and suites, many with views of Carmel Bay spread among seven buildings and lush garden landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Colonial Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.