“Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 21 hotels in Carmel
mississauga, ontario
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed two nights in this location. Rooms were very clean, spacious, quiet and met our needs. Breakfast was delivered to the room each morning in a basket...cute. Location is great, we could walk to everything in town including restaurants which were great. Carmel is a gorgeous boutique town, high end stores, great places to eat with moderate to high prices and the streets are lined with wonderful flowers and greenery...lovely to walk around. The people are friendly and helpful and we would certainly go there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chico, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Good location, short walk to Ocean Avenue. Now for the rest of the story!

It is not AAA 3 star, sign must be old. Bathroom is not inviting, wall paper torn and pealing off. Shower/tub had 4 inches of water in it after my shower. King size bed was very uncomfortable. Room was small. Very steep stairs to 2nd floor, no elevator. No heat and the television did not work..

The parking lot is small, thus you must park in extremely small stalls. Very difficult to enter and exit your vehicle if someone is parked next to you. I was concerned about door damage. I would park on the street if you have similar concerns. It is also difficult to enter and exit lot.

We requested a ground floor unit, but they denied that we had made such a request. Oh Well! It is expensive relative to the quality of the unit. We stayed 1 night. Shop around........you can do better.

Room Tip: I really don't think there is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ciasca, Director of Sales at Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
It's disappointing to learn that your stay was unsatisfied and the necessary action has been taken. We strive our very best to accommodate each and every guest that their stay is comfortable. Yes, the hotel do not have an elevator and the parking is tight which is limited. Guests can always park on the street where there are ample of parking spaces. Also guests can always request while making reservation to confirm about their basic necessities.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Even if the off season, Carmel seems to know how to charge for hotel rooms! This seemed to be one of the cheaper ones in the main part of town on a turn-up and see rate.

Certainly what you see is what you get and the rooms were well appointed, perhaps with slightly eccentric decoration and furniture but certainly clean, comfortable and warm!

To put it in context, the room was cheaper than a meal for two in one of Carmel's restaurants. Included breakfast was the typical 'continental style' and fine to get you going for the day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The location of the Inn is quite great and the climate actually over there is too cold. I saw in the review that people were complaining about the ACs. Actually ACs are not required there at all. Compared to the other hotels, the price is reasonable. Also, you get nice breakfast as well.

Room Tip: Recommend people to go there as the other places around Carmel are quite expensive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
bayarea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

If you wait until 1 or 2 weeks before stay they offer good discounts which makes it worth it. If you book more than 1 room and want to pay separately be careful. Even if you tell him upfront they will still charge the one card and then it has to be reversed and only one person is apparently allowed to do this. And it will credit 13 days later.

• Stayed December 2011
ciasca, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
We are extremely sorry for your situation and be assured that is not our normal procedure. During that time we were organizing our staff and only managers and supervisors have access to make any necessary changes fast. Unfortunately they were unavailable to the property at that time.
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed one night, at the Carmel Inn & Suites, Carmel, CA, and it was absolutely the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel.

We checked in about 6:00 p.m. It was 80 degrees in our room which was located on the top story of the inn; I went to turn on the air conditioning, I discovered that there was NO air conditioning. I called the front desk to inquire about the air conditioning, and I was told that “none of the hotels in Carmel have air conditioning”; I then asked for a fan, but never received one. To cool off the room, we opened all the windows and we had to leave them open; Carmel was having an unusual heat wave that weekend and it was still too warm to sleep. Additionally, the inn fronts a road which we discovered was the main TRUCK ROUTE thru town. Large trucks came rumbling by all night, and as there was also a Porsche show in town that weekend; Porsche owners were racing their cars down the street. Since we had the windows open, we could hear all the road noise and the noise from the open air patio areas of the restaurants and bars across the street as well. I finally was able to drift off about at about 4:00 or 5:00 a.m., but was soon awakened by what sounded to be a cat fight outside our window. It was two raccoons fighting in the garden area above the swimming pool! I told my husband that was it for me; I was not staying another night. Our original Carmel Inn & Suites reservations were for two nights. Upon check out the next morning, I was willing to pay for the one miserable night, but the desk clerk informed me that Carmel Inn & Suites needed 72 hours to cancel the second night, and he told me this after I had described all the events of the previous evening! He then told tell me that I would be charged a $60 cancellation fee, and I told him that he could go ahead and charge the $60, but I would dispute the cancellation fee. When I received my credit card statement, it showed that Carmel Inn & Suites had charged me full price for BOTH nights.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ciasca, Public Relations Manager at Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. As you know the reservation was pre-paid through the third party and the hotel only uses the guest card for incidentals. We are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We always thrive to do our best to make the comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The hotel has no such ad that mentions about the air conditioning in any room. The weather is always unpredictable and we do hardly get any high temperatures once in a while. We suggest you might have requested another room or an updgrade and that would not be difficult. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and please contact us directly to be well taken care of.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was our third stay at the Carmel Inn & Suites. It has pretty much become our go-to place in Carmel for family trips.

Carmel is obviously an expensive destination, but this place is quite reasonably priced. Travelling with my wife and daughter, we've taken a suite each time that has a living room with a daybed for my daughter to sleep on, along with a separate bedroom with king-sized bed. We have generally paid between $100 and $150 for these accomodations, depending on the season. The living room and bedrom each has its own wall-mounted gas heater with individual thermostats--a nice feature on chilly, foggy Carmel winter evenings. The rooms are nicely decorated (though a little more frilly and feminine that most of us guys would prefer). The staff is friendly and accomodating. There is a small swimming pool, but unfortunately no hot tub/jacuzzi. The location is great--only two blocks off of Ocean Avenue, and only a block or two from many of Carmel's best restaurants.

I really have only one complaint about the place, and that's that the walls and floors seem a little thin, and guests in other rooms can be heard. The first time this happened, I thought it was just that the neighbors in the next room were loud (and they WERE, and also quite rude), but the last time we stayed we heard noises from the room next door (shouting kids and loud adult voices) and the room above us (the footsteps were so loud it sounded like they must've been wearing ski boots). Again, maybe it was just that these were particularly loud neighbors, but in the middle of the night I also even heard a guest SNORING in some other room, which would suggest the walls are a little too thin unless he happened to be an EXTREMELY loud snorer!

That aside, this is a very good place to stay, at a reasonable rate and in a good location. There's a reason we've returned in the past, and we undoubtedly will again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Carmel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!