“Perfect locations, great rooms, and pet friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
Vacaville, California
“Perfect locations, great rooms, and pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We found Carmel Lodge accidentally, but have truly fallen in love. The location is key, you can walk everywhere in downtown Carmel from your front door. Price is extremely reasonable. They are pet friendly, which is great for our Labrador that LOVES his Carmel vacations. The rooms are clean, they do a nice coffee/tea service in the morning, plenty of parking, and just a great all around hotel. On our last trip we got a king with fireplace and it was great. It was nice one afternoon to have a warm fire and listen to the rain fall for a few hours while we all rested from a busy morning. This is now our go-to Carmel location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Carmel Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was the high bidder in a silent auction for a one-night stay that the Carmel Lodge had donated to my Rotary Club. We live near to Carmel but had not spent a night in a hotel/motel/inn there in many years. My wife and I decided to stay there on our wedding anniversary. We were very pleased. We were upgraded for free to a larger room on the second of two floors with a fireplace and small kitchen. The room was well-appointed, clean and spacious. The lodge is in downtown Carmel, but in a quiet area. We walked around town, did some window-shopping and ate dinner and then breakfast the following morning. There is a complimentary breakfast, but we chose to eat in a small restaurant. I will recommend the Carmel Lodge to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace. Not sure how many there are. Ours was a large, corner room that i...

Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This has a great location for walking to shops and restaurants. The price is very good for a downtown motel and our Premium King room was quite large. We had an issue with the plumbing which was fixed very quickly. Nice friendly staff.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My mom and I stayed at the Lodge recently and loved it. The hotel has a family run feel and the staff are friendly and professional.

The hotel is a welcome change from the cold, ultra modern hotels that seem to be springing up everywhere. This felt like an updated,yet old school Carmel place. The location cannot be overstated. My mother is an able bodied, yet 76 year old lady who had no trouble walking out of our room and heading accross the street to shops and restaurants. We will certainly return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Carmel Lodge was okay. The descriptive text billed itself as a slightly nicer place, however, it really was a motel with a slightly nicer furnishings. There are no elevators and you park outside your room. The King Room with a Fireplace has a view of a parking lot in all directions. I didn't feel like I got value for money and wished I had just stayed somewhere cheaper.

In Carmel, I'd recommend going with the cheapest place unless you think you will be spending a lot of time in your room in which case I recommend trying to figure out if where you are staying is a motel or not. There are a lot of Days Inns, Comfort Inns and Best Westerns and unlike their counterparts on the east coast, they all seemed to be charming enough (at least in the motel category which is generally what accommodation looks like in Carmel) and well located to walk to the village.

Room Tip: Recommend requesting a room with fireplace or with a street view rather than parking lot view.

Trinity, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I used to live across the street from the lodge and have become friendly with a lot of the staff. I needed a nice place to stay while I was in the process of moving and your staff was SO accommodating. Please give my best to the staff and a special HELLO to the Housekeepers Supervisor Margharita and Teresa. They both were so kind to me my entire time living in Carmel. When I got sick, they knew and helped. Overall your Lodge is lovely, I just wish you would have a restaurant and re-open the pool.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms detached from the main lobby. I believe they have a better view overall. BUT bear i...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Clean room, a little dated but price makes it a bargain. Location is awesome, we walked everywhere from there, even the beach is close. Lite breakfast was included and even delivered to the room at a time of our choosing. Plan on going back

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Carmel Lodge? Share your experiences!