We stayed in the family suite which has two rooms and sleeps six (it's supposed to be their nicest and largest room). I would say overall it was just okay. The place is clearly old (as most places in Carmel are), but I do think the place could benefit from some basic facelifts in the rooms. My issues were this:
1. The walls are paper thin, so you hear everything. There's a stairwell for housekeeping next to the family suite we stayed in and we heard stomping up and down the stairs well after midnight. Also we could hear the people upstairs walking around all night.
2. They still use those comforters that I assume never get washed on a regular basis. We had to take it off each night before bed since we were unsure if it was washed after every guest or not and the inside had some clear stains that never came out. I'm fine removing it but there really weren't very many warm blankets on the bed after the removal of the comforter.
3. They place could use a fresh coat of paint and new carpet.
4. The weirdest thing was when you walked by the lamp and tv in the master bedroom the lights sort of lickered....which was weird.
Some of the good things:
1. The front desk people are really nice. When I complained about the noise upon checkout she did give me 30% off ONE night. (I felt since we were kept up all night we should have gotten 30% off our total bill, but oh well.)
2. Location is good.
3. Bath and body products in the rooms are great.
Overall, our room was average. Keep in mind we stayed in the family suite...I am unsure of what the regular rooms look like.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Hotel Carmel
- Carmel Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Carmel Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.