“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I spent one night in room 29. The room was small and a little noisy, but charming, clean and well equiped. Staff was welcoming, breakfast and wifi included, and the hotel is well located... All this for 110$ all included, it's a bargain.

Room Tip: Room 29 has no fireplace... But is quite cheap.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cupertino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Pluses:
- Convenient location
- Free parking and wifi
- Everything in the room did work
Negatives:
- Noisy plumbing (get to hear other people's showers, etc)
- Breakfast: Costco bagels and muffins, coffee with half & half creamer (no milk available)- orange juice. No cereal, no yogurt- and no room. One toaster so you have to wait if you want to toast your bagel
- Would you believe no DVD player- only VCR (we had brought DVDs we wanted to watch)
- Bathroom and place in general looked run down
- People at the front desk were not gracious (had they been- would have overcome a lot of the negatives)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lompoc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. The place is clean, charming and comfortable. Located in downtown Carmel. We walked everywhere from our room. There was a nice deli around the corner where we could get nice cheese and snacks for our room. Very pleased. We used a Liviing Social coupon. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here two times and what an enjoyable time. Love the Dutch doors! Clean and quaint and the breakfast room makes me feel like I am in Europe. Happy Hour is a nice extra ! The fireplace in the room was nice in the morning with the cool pacific air was hanging around. Talk about a friendly staff ready to help in any way, Kudos ! Guess where I am staying when I visit Carmel next time. The gardens surrounding the Inn were beautiful both when I visited in September and then again in March.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just returned from 2 night stay I had bought on Living Social for a good price. Room was small yet clean, the walls were thin-could hear the next room. We didn't eat "breakfast" but I saw what was offered and it was continental. It is pet friendly which so many places there are--we would only stay again if price was right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
wilton, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I would like to have had the opportunity to review this property itself, but due to booking situation, never will. I purchased a L.S. deal on 1/21/14, for a 'Two night stay in a King Condo of Larger Family Style Unit, Fridays & Saturdays'. I researched available rooms (needed dog friendly, & traveling with another couple, so needed two BR). One room met our needs (Dolores I). After coordinating with our friends on dates, we found that the only weekend that would work was ONE DAY past the exp. date for the voucher. I called to make the reservation, and the clerk made a call to the mgr. regarding the situation. She promptly called me back & said the mgr. couldn't honor the voucher past the exp. date. Now, here's why I'm writing this... They have already sold over 400 Living Social deals so far, and will continue selling more for the next fifteen days! I didn't do the math, but I'm not sure how they will be able to accommodate all of those reservations. They are already relatively full for most weekends between now and May 15 (expiration date for L.S. vouchers). So, good luck there.
After all's said & done, I requested a refund from Living Social, so this property will be losing out on that 335.00, plus an extra 150.00, as we would have been paying for two extra adults@ 25.00 ea. per night, and one awesome dog @ 25.00/night. (Incidentally, the regular price for these extras, if you book directly through the property, are only 15.00 per night, each. Already a little gouging...).
There are 'a lot of fish in the sea', as far as lodging goes in Carmel. We will look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Acceptable enough for 4 days (although the shower power was terrible), great location for walkability. My biggest problem was the (lack of) breakfast. Costco muffins and bagels - every day. Orange and apple slices - every day. That's it. I should have read the reviews more carefully. I expect actual food, or at least a variety, when I'm paying for breakfast. Also, the small window of time (8:15-9:30am) is too tight. I was travelling with 3 kids ages 15-22 and they needed food. I would shop around next time for more bang for my buck.

Room Tip: We chose the room with 3 beds so the teens could have their own space. One teen had the pull out tw...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Carmel Fireplace Inn? Share your experiences!