“Nice place for a getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

Carmel Fireplace Inn
San Carlos St. at 4th, P.O. Box 4082, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Ranked #25 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
San Jose, California, United States
“Nice place for a getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Carmel and stayed at the Carmel Fireplace Inn on a Friday night. We stayed in the "Casanova" room upstairs with a distant view of the ocean. The gas fireplace was a nice touch and was easy to put on. The room was quite spacious and everything was clean and up to standard. Some of the decor and amenities seemed a bit outdated but we didn't care for them much (VCR, furniture, etc). The guest service was nice and friendly. A bit slow at check-in but the gentleman was very thorough and walked us to our room. Continental breakfast was adequate with fruits, pastries, bagels, juice, and coffee in the morning. Even though I'd prefer somewhere closer or even on the main ave, the location of the place was excellent (a few blocks from Ocean Ave). Parking was on property and can be limited but we had no problem getting a spot when we came. A small minor detail: I appreciated how garden-like and green this property looks. Overall, it was an enjoyable lodging experience for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The "Casanova" room is upstairs and features a distant view of the ocean. I didn't car...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The gardening around the inn smells absolutely wonderful. We got in late but we were still able to get into our rooms with no problems. The room was super cute with an electric fireplace and a comfy bed. The shower was a little small, even for being on the smaller side myself.

Clean, comfy, good breakfast, and only a couple blocks away from the beach!

Parking was a little tight and would possibly be complicated if the whole inn is full.

• Stayed April 2013
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was tired, I needed a break. Carmel came to mind. Luckily the Fireplace Inn was having a special promotional rate that I grabbed, and I'm so glad I did.
The front desk clerk walked me to my room after checking in. As we entered, classical music was playing softly. She took time to show me how the fireplace worked (one in each room) and how to use the TV and DVD. My room was in a small courtyard with a table and several chairs. I read the local newspaper there. I love Dutch doors. It was such a lovely day that I opened the top part of the door to my room to let in the fresh air.
The Inn is a short walk from Ocean Avenue, the main part of Carmel. It's a bit of a walk to the ocean but I did it. Felt great to walk the beach. There's something magical about the stillness in Carmel.
My only complaint was the shower in my room. There was no place to put my toiletries. I had to balance them on the soap holder dish. The shower was strong and hot but having a place for toiletries would make it perfect.
The hotel has 18 rooms yet only 8 free parking places in its lot. You have to hit it just right to find a spot in the lot, although since the property is on a corner, parking can be found across the street too, which isn't so bad.
I'd return in a New York minute. I've been to a couple different inns in Carmel and I'm so glad to have made another great discovery.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Turlock, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked this reservation through Travel Zoo for the great price of $69.00 per night for their smallest room. Of course for Carmel this we thought was an unblievable deal. Please read below my experience with reservations. We didn't actually stay there but please read my WARNING below and I hope this helps my fellow Trip Advisor friends...Dave

Room Tip: We were scheduled to stay at the Fireplace Inn at Carmel in errly May. Due to a knee injury I called...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpaugh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was on an annual trip with my two sisters and a sister-in-law and this was a very fun, relaxing place to stay. Room was immaculate; fireplace was a nice addition. All staff was very friendly. Within walking distance to some very nice restaurants and a great breakfast cafe.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 27. Close to office and exit to sidewalk, but still private.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was on a vacation celebrating my birthday in CA and decided to stay my last night in Carmel before heading to San Francisco the next morning to catch a flight home. I thoroughly enjoyed the Fireplace Inn. The room was adorable. It was very clean and cozy. There was a fireplace with gas logs that gave a very nice ambiance. It is conveniently located within walking distance of all the main attractions and the beautiful beach.. The rates are reasonable and the staff is very friendly and helpful.If you are looking for a fun quaint place to stay this is it! I will be going back next time I am in California...

Room Tip: I stayed in the San Antonio room which is on the bottom floor, but from what I could tell all of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff here was outstanding and made us feel very welcome. The lady that greeted us even showed us to our room. I was there with a friend and our two small dogs. The dogs got a welcome treat and a clean, ironed sheet to lay over the bed so that they could sleep on the bed (mine didn't). The room was the perfect size for us with two separate beds in two separate areas. We had some chairs to sit and chat in front of the fireplace and to enjoy our complimentary wine and chocolate (a Social Living deal - may not normally be included). We had in-room coffee, a little frig, and a microwave. The place is just quaint and homey. We really enjoyed our stay and would return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Carmel Fireplace Inn? Share your experiences!