“Very Enjoyable Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candle Light Inn

You added Candle Light Inn to your Saves list
Candle Light Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   San Carlos Street, Between 4th and 5th Avenues, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
long island, new york
“Very Enjoyable Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

Carmel is a beautiful town and the Candle Light Inn adds to the happy experience.

This is a very nice inn and I will stay here again when I return to Carmel.

The staff is very accommodating and friendly. they truly treat you like a "valued guest". When I checked in Ron was a pleasure to deal with. Each time I would go down to the office to get a coffee or to enjoy a cookie(s) . I would met a new staff member and it was the same open friendlyness.

The rooms are large and well decorated, the fact that you have windows in the front and rear of the room adds to its openess. My room had a sofa, wing chair, coffee table and refrig. There is also an alcove w/ a desk.

They leave a breakfast basket and USA Today by your door before 8:00am every morn. w/ lottsa good stuff. The room has a coffee maker w/ ample supple.

There is no a/c . However, I was there in May and the weather during the day was in the 70's and at night you need a jacket, so at that point in time a/c is a none issue.

I had dinner at the beautiful Mission Ranch which I had read Clint Eastwood owns.I didn't expect to see Clint while I was there but there he was enjoying a glass of wine with some of his friends.....with a big smile on his face. I kept thinking........this is real neat nice vacation .

If you call the Candle Light Inn and say you are AARP or AAA they will give you a discount off the internet rate. At that point in time anyway.

Enjoy I did.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

We stayed in the family room at the Candlelight Inn for two nights and we all loved the place. The staff were friendly and helpful and the cookies and coffee available in the reception area was a lovely touch.

The room was excellent with beautiful furnishings and comfortable beds. The room easily slept five people and the fireplace made it nice and homely.

Each morning a breakfast picnic basket was delivered to our door, complete with newspaper. The breakfast was really nice and included orange juice, fresh fruit salad and pastries and cereals.

The location is great, just a short walk away from Clint's Hogsbreath Bar and the lovely shops. The beach is also nearby with a lovely walk down Ocean Avenue.

We would definitely recommend this Inn and the price of our room made it an affordable luxury. When we return to Carmel we will definitely be staying here.

nottingham england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

Stayed at the Candlelight 14th March 05.
Glad we did!
Although only a small hotel, the rooms were more than adequate, tastefully decorated and very quiet.
Nice touch was the picnic basket continental breakfast, left outside our room at 7am.
The hotel has a nice plunge pool discreetly concealed for privacy.
Great location and excellent value.
With regard to Carmel..... A dream location.

Ernie Roberts

Nottingham
England

• Stayed January 2005
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

I have always heard of Carmel California and how beautiful it was since I was young. So, I decided to see for myself. My daughter and I arrived in San Francisco and drove down to Carmel and fell in love with the town!!!! We drove the "17 mile" dirve to Montrey, wich was absolutely beautiful!!! We also took the coast line drive to Big Sur, which agian was awsome!!!! I cannot stress enough how wonderful a trip this was!!!!! Our stay in the Candlelight Inn was great! But again I don't think anyplace would be "bad" in Carmel. We had planned to spend one day in San Francisco and then fly out. My daughter and I were so in love with Carmel that we changed our plans and stayed another night and flew out of San Jose. We only stayed 4 days and do hope to come back soon. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! This is a trip that I highly recommend and can't wait to go back!!!

Colts Neck, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

This place is in the heart of Carmel, an easy walk to all shops, restaurants and the beach. It is pleasantly decorated and rooms are quite spacious. For a little more money you can get a fireplace and jacuzzi tub (which were nice). There is also a communal hot tub on the property, but you have to be an early bird as it closes at 9 p.m. As we were traveling with 2 teenagers, we had dinner at the Forge in the Forest. The food was good, but we really enjoyed the ambiance as it was CA patio dining with heater lamps. The breakfast hamper was placed outside our door around 7:30 and contained cereal, muffins, bananas and juice. We had a coffee machine in the room. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to the Carmel area.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2004

I stayed at the Candle Light Inn in October of 2003. It was a lovely room with charming decor on a very quiet side street. Each morning a basket is delivered to your door with a small breakfast (snack really). Rooms are quiet, comfortable and located ideally close to Ocean and surrounding shops and restaurants. If you are looking for an ideal location to enjoy Carmel this is it. Don't miss dining at Casanova for a real treat. I will recommend and stay again and again.

Been to Candle Light Inn? Share your experiences!