“Great Getaway; Total Relaxation at the Refuge” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 29 Activities in Carmel
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Refuge is the first American facility dedicated to Hydro-thermal therapy and offers the ultimate in relaxation that is one of a kind! Truly the best 3 hours in Carmel! Through heating up in our Co-ed Sauna and Steam bath, cooling down in our cold pools and relaxation in indoor relaxation rooms or outdoor areas with fireplaces - you will be relaxed! Massages are available as well!
Santa Cruz, California, United States
“Great Getaway; Total Relaxation at the Refuge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I completely enjoyed my time at the Refuge. It's not only a great thing to do for your body, the peace of the beautiful natural setting is ideal for a meditative experience. Bring a loved one, or a friend. It's a great way to connect away from all the day-to-day stresses. Renewal is good for the body and the spirit. I loved it.
Enjoy!

Hilary N

San Francisco, California
12 attraction reviews
“Hot, Cold, Relax, Repeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hot
Cold
Relax

Repeat up to 5 times.

Very clean facilities. Beautiful setting. Towels provided, but robe rental required. Bring flip-flops. Bring a book or magazine. Bring your friend or loved one.

Shampoo, hair conditioner and shower gel provided in shower.

Did not get a massage, but that would be fabulous!

I violated the *silence* rule by laughing/screaming/whooping when I walked into the cold pool. Oops!

Santa Cruz, California
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing Day Spa, Perfect for Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my second visit to Refuge and it did not disappoint! Although I did not have a massage here, I did partake in the relaxation "cycle": Eucalyptus steam room or dry sauna, cold plunge, then relax in a robe by the outdoor firepit. Repeat, with a break once in awhile for a dip in the hot pool. The staff is efficient and courteous, clients are respectful of one another's privacy and the setting is peaceful and tranquil. Hint: if you go on a Sunday afternoon, you can have the place all to yourself! Try this at least once: you'll love it!

Covington, Louisiana, United States
“Refuge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed and greatly benefited from the hydro-therapy before our massages. The sauna, steam room, cold and hot plunge pools were clean and welcoming. The staff members who welcomed us and directed us from place to place were friendly and knowledgeable about the facility and amenities. Our only misgivings were with the massages which though relaxing were not as deep as we had anticipated by signing up for a sports massage and a deep tissue massage. We definitely will come again the next time we are in Carmel.

Petaluma, California
“The Refuge!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was so neat to have the feeling of cold to hot. It was crazy how you felt from cold to hot. I loved sitting by the fire and it was so nice. I would tell lots of people to try it out. I would come back for sure.