“Good & Plenty” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Californian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carmel Valley Rd.
Carmel
“Good & Plenty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you get there before 6pm, Monday thru Friday happy hours prices prevail. Portions are generous, presentation is elegant , service is friendly and responsive. Lots of convenient parking. Full bar service is at your beck and call, Outside dining is available & pet friendly with heaters available when needed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

CA
“A locals hangout”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A local hangout, Unless you plan on visiting regularly and like to sip beers or wines by a fire pit go elsewhere. For the tourist or diner who wants a good food experience go elsewhere. The food is low to medium quality. The service is average but above average compared to the food. The clientele is dog happy with patrons having lap dogs join in their table conversation.
While happy hour offers good discounts, poor food remains poor regardless of the price. The crab cakes taste processed versus made from scratch. While the ribs fall off the bone they are over boiled and covered with sauce to make up for their lack of flavor due to poor preparation. The coconut shrimp is average with a nice crunch and light on the oil. The BBQ pork sliders are fun but less than a rave. Go for a drink during happy hour sit by the fire, talk loudly with your companions and pet a few dogs.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Our brother and his family were visiting from out of state and had come here in the past. I think they would give this place 2 stars for service and 4 for food.

We, on the other hand, think a 1 star is appropriate as our lunches and the service were terrible.

SERVICE; First, the place was fairly empty. There were people sitting outside but there was only one other couple inside when we sat down for lunch. Menus came quickly but that's all that was fast.

We had to find the waitperson and ask for the drinks we had ordered when we were seated. We asked for appetizers as we were all hungry. I asked if they could make their garlic bread without Parmesan cheese as I'm allergic to dairy. I got an abrupt NO in reply. Really??? They couldn't omit the cheese????

We waited and waited for the waitperson to return, while eating the appetizers (food review below) and finally had to go find someone to bring the drinks and take our orders. This took at least 20 minutes...and we were now the only ones seated inside.

The fellow who took our orders was very pleasant and courteous. The lady who seated us was neither.

FOOD; I ordered the chopped chicken mango salad. The chicken was dry and tasteless. Really...tasteless. It looked like maybe one slice of mango had been chopped up as I could hardly find any. Very little lettuce, lots of cabbage, way too much cilantro. The nuts were good but also tiny. I don't recommend this salad.

My husband's hamburger was cold, dry and no dressing at all. Garlic fries were ok but cold. There wasn't any mustard or ketchup on the table, either.

I was offered some of my sister in law's fish taco when she realized I couldn't eat the salad. It was tasty but, to me, greasy.

The best part of this lunch was the sweet potato fries we ordered as an appetizer. I can't comment on the garlic bread as I was unable to eat it.

Visited October 2013
California
“Food is a little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Its been a few years since I've been here (when it used to be owned by previous owner - Bahama Billy's). The service was good, but a little slow. The food was a little disappointing. First of all, to be called a steakhouse, you need to be able to judge what the temperature is...when I ordered "medium", its not acceptable to bring out a steak that is "well-done". Also, we noticed that some of the plates were hot while others were cool or warm, implying some of the dishes were sitting on the counter or heating lamp for a while (we are a party of 4). Unfortunately, the food tastes that way (ie ? microwaved). The flavors were quite good, but just need more attention to details. The wait staff is good but excruciatingly slow. They seemed to be a little overwhelmed...maybe because they were short-staffed that particular day?

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Poor Food Prep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The calamari was over cooked, the "T Bone" Tuesday special was not at all special, my wife's dinner was "microwaved" to the point of being overcooked. Service was good, but food was not. The latter is fixable with a good chef.

Visited April 2013