“Marvelous catering, box lunches” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in Carmel
Bent NM
“Marvelous catering, box lunches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

These folks make great food for eat in, and pack it for travel.
We had a catered party with a large variety of treats along with sandwiches, drinks, and even good quality champagne and wines. They delivered on time and provided setups (plates, plasticware, tablecloths, etc.). We had fine quality in everything we ordered.
That prompted us to order box lunches from Fifth Street for the next day's picnic. Great choice.
This outfit knows what it is doing and does it very well.

• Visited June 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Yummmyyyy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I found this place thru Tripadvisor when we were leaving Carmel for the weekend and heading back home, but first going on the 17 mile drive and having a picnic at Spanish Bay. We walked in early on Sunday morning (11AM) so no one was there. We were greeted immediately by the employees. They have a whole selection of pre made sandwiches and salad items, a salad bar and made to order sandwiches. Lots of drinks, bottles of wine, splits of champagne and more! I had a pre made flaffel wrap with bulgar wheat, flaffel, mint, parsely, and my husband had the made to order Tri Tip sandwich, we bought some pita chips and drinks to go with a 1/2 lb. orzo mediterranean salad. It all smelled and looked so delicious. We did our drive and got to our picnic spot and dug in. My wrap was so yummy and the side of tahini was delicious. My husband's tri tip was great he said. The sandwich and wrap were enough to take back and eat the next day for lunch. Great place to get breakfast/lunch for the beach or just a quick bite.

• Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Fell in Love with a Deli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My family and I went here to eat breakfast, but alas, no place to sit. So we ended up eating down the block. I didn't order anything but coffee at the second place, and held out to go back to 5th Avenue on my way back to the hotel. Good decision! The breakfast taco I had at 5th Avenue was OUTSTANDING! (and I know good breakfast tacos....I live in Texas!). It had sun dried tomatoes and fresh spinach...so yummy. It is family-owned, and they were all so friendly. There were lots of delicious looking foods in the case too. If I had stayed in Carmel longer I would have gone back several times.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great deli with lots of variety and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place was great. Carmel can be expensive. Fortunately places like this can provide an economical meal. We visited all the delis in Carmel and this was our favorite. The staff was very helpful and friendly to assist with our selections. The selection was great from fresh made sandwiches and tamales to soups. If your quick you can park right outside the deli in the 10 minute parking zone and head to the beach to enjoy a great meal. We will certainly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pebble Beach, California
“In a hurry? On a budget? This is your place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Everything you would expect from a quality well run deli. Nice people, good selection, great prices. Just a couple of tips. You can order half sandwiches if you like and ,rare in carmel, there is a small picnic area with a few tables on the corner of Dolores and 5th that the public can use. It is a short 1/2 block from the deli towards the ocean on 5th.

• Visited May 2013