“my lady was very happy and very pleased, I got the "you done good" comment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond's House Inn

You added Vagabond's House Inn to your Saves list
Vagabond's House Inn
Dolores St & 4th Ave, P.O. Box 2747, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“my lady was very happy and very pleased, I got the "you done good" comment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I booked a room at Vagabond's House Inn in Carmel on Valentine's weekend, this was also the weekend of the AT&T Pro / Am golf tourney at Pebble Beach, for me and my lady. I was excited to get a place in Carmel on such short notice, I got lucky with a room, and to my surprise, this place was phenominal ! ! ! The hosts were very gracious and helpful. I took the extra step and had Romantic Room Designs set up the room so when we entered there were rose petals, candles (LED's), streamers, ribbons, chocolate kisses, red ballons and a red boa though out the room. My lady was very happy and very pleased, I got the "you done good" comment and a little teary eyes from her as she wrapped her arms around me to hug me - a big thank you to me ! ! I can't take all the credit, Nancy was great as a host to find us a room last minute, and Brian's team at Romantic Room Designs did a fantastic job in going the extra mile to make it extra special . . . now she wants to go back for a longer weekend stay, definately recommend Vagabond's House Inn to other couples and if it's a special reason for your trip, try Romantic Room Designs to add that extra something!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Folsom, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

We have stayed at the Vagabond's House Inn three times since going there for our honeymoon in 2002. We always request the same room, #4, and they are always accomodating. This room is the best because you can park on the street and it is right next to the stairs going up, so it feels almost like our own personal entrance. The best part about this inn is the breakfast- it may look like a typical danish and cereal breakfast when you look at the menu, but if you order the fresh fruit, it is always stuff that is in season and Very Fresh! We absolutely loved the strawberries with homemade cream that we got in June!! I also like that you can submit a different request each day and all you have to do is call in the morning when you're ready to eat and they bring it right to your room!
The only con I have to say is that while our room comes with a kitchen and refridgerator, the fridge is tiny and the kitchen is not very well-equipped for making your own meals, like we like to do; they have the bare bones of cookware. Other than that, there is nowhere else we'd rather go when we want a relaxing getaway. While this bed and breakfast is pricy, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
acireale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

It was by chance that we discovered this venue after a wonderful sunset on Carmel beach. It was the perfect romantic conclusion for a perfect day. The staff is excellent and the Hotel is at a walking distance from restaurants and shops. I do recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Pasadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

Another anniversary in beautiful Carmel. We have stayed in different places but I always go back to the Vagabond. Five times to be exact. They are so friendly, accommodating and the beds are so comfy cozy. You get breakfast in bed that is perfect, wine and cheese in the afternoon and the best of all walking distance to Ocean Street where there are great art galleries, restaurants and shops. It's peaceful, lovely and the best place to be with your loved one.
I love Carmel...
It is also pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
la jolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I always recommend Vagabond's House Inn to friends and family. I've been coming to the inn for close to 20 years and always find it a place that leaves me feeling rested and happy. The staff is wonderful, particularly Margie, Vickie and Cindy (who fills in sometimes). They are kind, thoughtful, friendly people who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The decor is lovely in the rooms, lobby and courtyard. I've met the nicest of people over the years who stay at the inn. The wine and cheese hour is something we all look forward to. And they are truly pet-friendly. I can't say enough nice things about it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The staff was friendly, our room was around the back of one of the bldgs with a small pond and lots of flowers. The room itself was decorated nicely. Even had cherry in the room. Two plush bathropes for us to use. Very quite.Between 5-7 the office has cheese, crackers and wine for guest to take. The night before you pick what you would like for breakfast from a menu provided then the next morning the breakfast is delivered to your room. It was only 4/5 blocks from restaurants, shopping and the beach. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

We just spent one night but wish we had more time! Great place to stay. We were traveling without our kids and were specifically looking for places that were romantic and not designed with kids in mind...this place was perfect. Very quaint and relaxing. We were there for Oscars night and enjoyed the nice TV for viewing...They even called from the front desk to invite us to view the Oscars with some other guests but we declined since we were comfy in our own bed. I thought that was a nice gesture and one that you wouldn't get at a bigger hotel, for sure.
We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Vagabond's House Inn? Share your experiences!