“Great place to eat outdoors and listen to some music!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Californian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sonoma Ca.
“Great place to eat outdoors and listen to some music!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lunch time we decided to try the Cypress Inn's Terry's Lounge because of Doris Day and to check out her memorabilia. So glad we did because I craved a burger and a beer and David, our server knew exactly what I wanted. He recommended the beer(Wookey Jack) which I loved and my wife was eyeing the BLT which he said was one of the best! We took his word and we were not disappointed! David took care of us! Great service! The food was just what we were craving! We sat outside on the patio and had a chance to listen to some music. The gal was a solo artist and she was excellent! It was so relaxing. We did not have a dog but if you do, what a wonderful place to bring your fuzzy family member and enjoy your meal. Great little spot to relax!

Visited September 2013

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Really pleased we tried Terry's Lounge...great setting, great service, great food. We were sat in the back bar side which was really cosy and romantic, especially with all the fairy lights we could see outside in the courtyard. The other side of the bar was full of diners who had their dogs with them so although we love dogs, it was nice that they seated us elsewhere. Our server Franck was absolutely lovely, very friendly and polite.
The dinner menu is separated into Bites and Small Plates which is basically another way of saying Starters and Mains because the small plates actually aren't that small (the burger and chips we say on the next table is huge) but I would advise having a "bite" first if you're really hungry, although you get complimentary bread and butter too. We had the crab and mango salad which was absolutely delicious, and the Artisan Cheeses. Although these were priced at between 8 and 14 dollars a plate, the presentation is what I would expect in a much priceier restaurant. For main I had the lamb lollipops which were lovely but I had serious food envy of my husbands scallops as they were to die for. I'm quite sad we didn't discover it sooner as I'd like to go back. For the food mentioned, one desert and 2 beers between us the bill came to 100 dollars so it wasn't a cheap dinner but from what we've seen whilst here, that is typical for Carmel anyway.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Upscale 'bar food' in an amazing building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were immediately smitten with the location and building. While waiting for our meal, we noticed they offer high tea service, which looked very intriguing. We will be back to try that for a relaxing afternoon. My husband says he would order has chicken sandwich again. I had the fish and chips, which was pretty good but not the best I've had. While thankful the dish wasn't greasy, the tarter sauce left much to be desired. We wouldn't order the crab cakes again but the oysters were large and fresh. Loved the patio and had a good chuckle over some of the dogs who accompanied their owners. I do wish they would have asked the one lady to do something about her dog that wouldn't quit whining. That was the only thing that distracted from the otherwise wonderful atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Super Lounge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to Terry's Lounge 3 times in a 4 day period. Very conviently located within the Cypress Inn downtown. The bartender(s) were super friendly and very good at making craft cocktails. As the property is still (partially) owned by Doris Day - the inside of the hotel and bar is packed with Doris Day memorablia - very tastefully done. And if you are a dog lover (as Doris Day is) there is a section within the bar where you can bring your pooches for Yappy Hour! Outside on the patio also. We never had dinner - but just went for the cocktails, ambiance and the friendly gregarious bartenders........Just fun.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brentwood, California
“Attentive service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The wait staff was excellent. The food was tasty and well prepared. I selected the "lamb lollipops" from the small plates menu and my husband had a specially prepared dish in which salt was omitted. They were very accommodating and gave us a perfect table to sit at with our dog. We enjoyed the music at lunch and in the evening.

Visited August 2013