“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Really pleased we tried Terry's Lounge...great setting, great service, great food. We were sat in the back bar side which was really cosy and romantic, especially with all the fairy lights we could see outside in the courtyard. The other side of the bar was full of diners who had their dogs with them so although we love dogs, it was nice that they seated us elsewhere. Our server Franck was absolutely lovely, very friendly and polite.
The dinner menu is separated into Bites and Small Plates which is basically another way of saying Starters and Mains because the small plates actually aren't that small (the burger and chips we say on the next table is huge) but I would advise having a "bite" first if you're really hungry, although you get complimentary bread and butter too. We had the crab and mango salad which was absolutely delicious, and the Artisan Cheeses. Although these were priced at between 8 and 14 dollars a plate, the presentation is what I would expect in a much priceier restaurant. For main I had the lamb lollipops which were lovely but I had serious food envy of my husbands scallops as they were to die for. I'm quite sad we didn't discover it sooner as I'd like to go back. For the food mentioned, one desert and 2 beers between us the bill came to 100 dollars so it wasn't a cheap dinner but from what we've seen whilst here, that is typical for Carmel anyway.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Bakersfield, California
“Upscale 'bar food' in an amazing building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were immediately smitten with the location and building. While waiting for our meal, we noticed they offer high tea service, which looked very intriguing. We will be back to try that for a relaxing afternoon. My husband says he would order has chicken sandwich again. I had the fish and chips, which was pretty good but not the best I've had. While thankful the dish wasn't greasy, the tarter sauce left much to be desired. We wouldn't order the crab cakes again but the oysters were large and fresh. Loved the patio and had a good chuckle over some of the dogs who accompanied their owners. I do wish they would have asked the one lady to do something about her dog that wouldn't quit whining. That was the only thing that distracted from the otherwise wonderful atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Super Lounge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to Terry's Lounge 3 times in a 4 day period. Very conviently located within the Cypress Inn downtown. The bartender(s) were super friendly and very good at making craft cocktails. As the property is still (partially) owned by Doris Day - the inside of the hotel and bar is packed with Doris Day memorablia - very tastefully done. And if you are a dog lover (as Doris Day is) there is a section within the bar where you can bring your pooches for Yappy Hour! Outside on the patio also. We never had dinner - but just went for the cocktails, ambiance and the friendly gregarious bartenders........Just fun.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brentwood, California
“Attentive service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The wait staff was excellent. The food was tasty and well prepared. I selected the "lamb lollipops" from the small plates menu and my husband had a specially prepared dish in which salt was omitted. They were very accommodating and gave us a perfect table to sit at with our dog. We enjoyed the music at lunch and in the evening.

Visited August 2013
Texas
“Very Nice Romantic Spot for a light bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My lady and I in Carmel as part of our 2013 road trip to discover more of the US. Needed a spot for a light dinner and decided onTerry's after reading some reviews. Glad we did. Excellent, friendly service and very good food. We were seated outside in a very pleasant interior courtyard. We shared a crab salad to start - very nice. And then my lady had seared tuna while I tried sand dabs. Both meals were excellent - but they are "small plates" as described on the menu, so perfect for a lighter evening repast. Would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere