“Amazing croissants reminiscent of Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Sebastopol, California
“Amazing croissants reminiscent of Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was here on two consecutive mornings as they were a few blocks from where we were staying. They had beautiful looking pastries, a dog friendly patio and the most sumptuous, flaky perfect buttery textured croissants I've had since I returned from Paris 6 years ago. I had an almond one and a plain, both gave me flashbacks to a Parisian breakfast I enjoyed every day for 2 weeks while in France. The reception of the persons behind the counter seemed a bit strange, very cold but when the same person served our cappuccinos on the patio she seemed warm and friendly and loved our dogs. There must be something going on between the coworkers. In any case it certainly didn't dampen my enjoyment of these amazing croissants. They do serve more substantial food, such as quiche, after 9am but we were there too early both days to partake. Definitely worth a visit while in Carmel!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palm Desert, California
“Egg sandwich was wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Both my companion and I had the egg sandwich which was wonderful! We also took some sweets to go - including a wonderful lemon bar and fantastic breakfast cookie. They have a dog friendly patio and even cooked our dog a scrambled egg. Very nice place, I recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“Let because of unfriendly greeting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I think this would be a lovely place to eat but the greeting I got when they were shifting between breakfast and lunch made me feel unwelcomed. I would give them another chance in the future.

Visited August 2013
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Cozy cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stopped for the best latte I have had in a very long while
And the cherry white chocolate bar is pretty awesome, although we could not eat it all, very sweet

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth
“Oh so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a nice early morning walk to the beach we asked a local to recommend a breakfast place. We enjoyed our selections so much we went back the next day. Lots of locals and tourists alike seemed to be enjoying their meals and beautiful desserts!

Visited March 2013