“Good Morning!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
New York
“Good Morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great coffee, muffins, breads and breakfast sandwiches to start your day - grab a cup and stroll down the hill at the end of Ocean Ave to one of the greatest beaches in the world.

Visited November 2012

Carmel, Indiana
“Latte was all foam.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tasted like espresso only with luke warm foam for milk. Not worth the nearly $5 price for a cup that left me heading to Starbuck for my real morning brew.

Visited November 2012
monterey
“Best coffee house in Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The perfect coffee house for a rainy day in Carmel. Reasonably priced, well located off Ocean Ave, friendly baristas, excellent espressos. And they put a little flower on the top of your capuccino in the foam.

Don't confuse this with the Carmel Valley Coffee House which sells a much inferior product at a higher price.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, California
“Love your coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Every time I am in Carmel i stop by...Love your LATTES! Coffee is amazing love your sandwiches! Amazing service :)

Visited October 2012
Long Beach, CA
“Makes Ordering Beans Long Distance a Necessity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've been go to the Monterey Jazz Festival for over 20 years, and we stay in Carmel because we enjoy spoiling ourselves. I've enjoyed (and demanded) coffee for longer than that, ever since I realized that the instant coffee that my parents always used wasn't the way coffee was supposed to taste. We happened upon this coffee house the first year we stayed in Carmel, when the place was called Caffe Carnevale. Talk about hooked—they roast their own beans, and they're the best I've ever bought. (I highly recommend the Dark French Roast.) It got so that I now have to order them from the store when I'm in SoCal, where I live. They keep a bean card for you even if you're out of town—the "one free pound for every 10" deal. They also have a pumpkin-spice blend that they roast and flavor around October, and it's irresistable. I order a couple of pounds of that as well in the fall. Fall always starts for me when we hit the Carmel Coffee House and Roasting Company.
Note—and I'm sure this has been fixed–I took one star off as Chimayred did for the "sullen barrista" comment. ONly once did we have a problem with a barrista, and it wasn't sullenness. Two weekend workers had no idea what they were doing, delaying or ignoring orders and details and making it seem as if it were the customers' fault. A little training should help, and it certainly didn't hurt the flavor of the lattes we had.

• Visited September 2012