“Love this place! Best place to eat in all of Carmel!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Love this place! Best place to eat in all of Carmel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved this place so much that I went back the next day!
The ingredients are fresh, local, and really good quality. Next, they put them together in the best ways, making your breakfast/lunch/brunch delicious!
This is a place that is not to be missed... especially if you get something you can put their garlic hot sauce on!

• Visited June 2013

“Enjoyed it very much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

While in town, we had breakfast at this place. They have a delicious tomato soup with goat cheese to top it off. Did enjoy it with a sandwich to go along with it. So if youre looking to grab something quick and good, I would recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel
“As a local, hands down my fav in Carmel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We go here ridiculously often because the food is ridiculously good. We live in Carmel and know the restaurant scene very well. When we travel, I miss it. They have the most amazingly fresh, organically and locally sourced food in the entire town of Carmel. It's strictly a breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack kind of place. If it served dinner, we'd be in real trouble -- we'd never cook! (With that said, it would be awesome if they did). But the real mark of this gem are the owners Jay and Chloe, who are hands-on all the way; they obviously take great pride in what they do and never take shortcuts. They have a family, and to do it right, they can't be there all day and all night, and I respect them for that.

Breakfast favs of ours are the green eggs and ham, polenta (trust me, try and you'll be converted) -- I prefer mine with egg on top only but all the trimmings are great too. Lunchtime favs are the avocado on toast (again, trust me; you won't be disappointed), vegie sandwich, meatloaf sandwich, roasted tomato soup, any of their daily specials, argula & hearts of palm salad. Today hubby tried the ham, pear & fontina sandwich and I thought it was the best ham & cheese I'd ever had.

It's in a funky little arcade called Doud Arcade on San Carlos between Ocean and 7th in downtown Carmel. It's order at the counter and they bring you the food -- extremely good waitstaff, always with a smile. Not exactly quiet and romantic if that's what you're looking for, but the airy space is lovely and doggies are welcome in certain sections too. In nice weather you can also try an outside table.

Once you go, I promise you'll keep coming back!!

• Visited May 2013
Woodinville, Washington
“Charming little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped for breakfast and we're very happy with our choices. The menu isn't very large, but has some very interesting items. Everything was hot, the guy taking orders very chatty and fun. You order at the counter and the food is delivered to your table. Obviously, locals stop a lot for coffee, as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson Hole Wy
“Hidden treasure in downtown Carmel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to Carmel we stopped in here a number of times and were never disappointed! The staff is super friendly, efficient and happy to serve while the food is even better! All options seemed to take advantage of the high quality fruits and vegetables available in this region. There were also a number of good wheat free items on the menu which is hard to find at small cafe's. I'll certainly be back on my next visit to Carmel!

• Visited April 2013