“What a great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietors Andre Lemaire and Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Andre Lemaire prepares authentic French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant, telephone 831-626-7880. We are open for lunch from 11:30 until 2:30 Wednesday through Sunday.
carmel
“What a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My girfriend, her father and myself had dinner at Bouchee's last night. It was really fantastic. This was my second time here since the new owners took it over about a year ago. The first thing i noticed was how spotlessly clean the restaurant is. The pride in the restaurant is evident in everything. It is a true family owned operation; son was the waiter,daughter was the hostess, father is the chef and the mother was in the back taking inventory. Food was exceptional. the three of us all choose a fish dish. Salmon, Halibut and Sole. each prepared differently and presented beautifully. We very much enjoyed our dinner. The service was a treat the food was perfect. One of my new favorites.

Fresno, CA
“The Best in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Where can you get great food, great atmosphere, great food at excellent prices? Andre's Bouchee in Carmel... When you walk in they make you feel like family in an intimate setting with food to die for and a great wine list! There is no where else in Camel that you can receive all of these and a prix fixe menu that has a price that would beat most random restaurants in any town.
This is a definite must if you are visting Carmel and especially if you live there.

Cincinnati, OH
“One of my best dining experiences.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

We came across this restaurant by chance. We've traveled extensively here and abroad and must say this was one of the best meals we've ever had. In fact, I'd say the entire experience was flawless.

We were greeted promptly and warmly. Our server, Jose, was perfect. Affable but not overly friendly or intrusive. His demeanor was warm and courteous and his visits to our table were perfectly timed.

The menu is varied and interesting. Not extensive but not limited either. The wine list is enormous, and for an occasional wine drinker, a bit intimidating. The sommelier was greatly helpful. While you can easily spend hundreds of dollars on a wine there, he understood my desire to limit my selection to something far more affordable. Based on our dinner selections he suggested a $30 half bottle of Cabernet that was perfect.

We began with the Salade Maraîchère - field greens, pear tomatoes served with tarragon vinaigrette. Perfect. Too often restaurants overdo the dressing; this was just right. We both had the duck breast in a raspberry sauce with vegetables and potatoes. The presentation was beautiful. The duck came pre-sliced and arrayed in a semi-circle with the sauce and raspberries atop. It was tender and delicious. The vegetables and potatoes were buttered, but only mildly. It would have been easy to overdo the sauce's sweetness, the seasoning, or the butter but everything was in perfect proportion and degree.

We had different desserts: I had a chocolate "lava" cake (10 minute advance notice needed) and my wife had cream puffs drizzled with chocolate. I had a decaf cappuccino and she had decaf coffee. Once again, perfection. My wife and I complain that too often desserts served in our country substitute sweetness for quality. European desserts generally are far less sweet and concentrate on flavor which is a far more satisfying dessert. These desserts are prepared in the European fashion! The coffee and cappuccino were also right on target.

The final pleasant surprise was the bill. While not an inexpensive restaurant, you will find no better value for your money. The entire meal, with wine, salad, entree, dessert, tax, and a generous tip was under $150. A true bargain for the quality of the meal.

Carmel
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

It's hard to express into words the experience we enjoyed at Andre's Bouchee. The service staff were aware of your slightest need and the food was exquisite. I live here in Carmel and finally a restaurant worthy of this
beautiful meeting of land and sea. Hands down the best I've seen here in
long time. Undoubtedly, the best rack of lamb I've experienced. Tarragon
encrusted in a cabernet reduction sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes with
peeled asparagus, baby carrots and hericot vert string beans. I swear I
wanted to go around again. The medium rare temperature of the lamb was dead on. This family is not just in business, their in love.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Cannot recommend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Ordered fish, Had strong smell of clorox bleach. A friend in the restuarant business told me that restuarants will bleach fish to keep it fresh smelling. The other entre we ordered was duck and it was fine, so I guess you can take your chances, but it seems fishy to me. I will never go back as I didn't feel well after eating there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere