“Lovely French Bistro” 4 of 5 stars

Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar
Mission Street, (SW Between Ocean & 7th), Carmel, CA 93921
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, International, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietors Andre Lemaire and Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Andre Lemaire prepares authentic French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant, telephone 831-626-7880. We are open for lunch from 11:30 until 2:30 Wednesday through Sunday.
Austin, Texas
“Lovely French Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

If you like French food, this is your place. The food was great-- very French and very rich. The service was a little off but I confess that I was with a large group of 18 people which was a challenge. My biggest complaint is that the waiter couldn't keep our wine glasses full-- very strange. Overall, however, it was a cute and charming place with great food and a nice chef who came over and said hello. Will definitely go back.

Visited January 2014

Palo Alto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had dinner at Andre Bouche for the second time in December, and the unprofessional maitre d'hote was just appalling both times.

We had a reservation for 8:30PM, and I called to make sure they were honoring the times, as the previous visit we had had to wait for so long. They told me they were running 10-15 minutes late, so I waited to arrive at 8:45PM. When we arrived there were empty but not cleaned tables, and the maitre d was chit chatting with a guest - which lasted for 10 minutes. When we inquired of a waiter as to whether we could be seated, he indicated the maitre d was the only person who could do that. She was just so unprofessional and clearly not service oriented that all the guests waiting (2 other couples) were also amazed and put off.

The service by the wait staff was good. We had the pear salad (B), the muscles (A), and the steak (B). They are getting by because the food is good quality.

But we were so put off by the terrible experience and the waits of 30 minutes both times, that we had determined never to return!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank Souplis
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Never a Disappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We started with the trio of house made country pate, rabbit terrine and duck rillettes. Some of the very best we've ever had! (I am salivating as I write this!) The seafood risotto was excellent (with the exception of the taste of the three mussels) and perfectly prepared. The sea scallops over a vegetable puree were also very good. The apple tart finished a very satisfying meal. The extensive wine list does include a few good affordable options for those of us with less deep pockets. The wait staff is pleasant and accommodating. Can be noisy and somewhat chaotic depending on where one is seated in the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Best French bistro in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

From the lengthy but amazing wine list, to the spectacular French fare, to the phenomenal individual service provided by the wonderful staff, this place a was gem. Beef carpaccio, duck, creme brûlée & escargots were all top notch. However, the mussels!!! Wow! Best I've ever had!
I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking great French food at a very reasonable price. Excellent dining experience!

Phoenix, Maryland
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had a great experience here. After looking over several menus from nearby restaurants, we chose Andre's. We sat at the bar thinking we were just going to have a few appetizers but after looking over the menu and listening to the waiter explain the specials, I opted to order off the menu.
My wife had the escargots. We both have had them and prepared many ways but this was truely a unique experience. They were done in a demi glaze with hazel nuts. Highly recommend them along with the french onion soup and the salmon tartare/smoked salmon.
I had the sea scallops on top of the veal medallions. Sounds like a bit of an odd combination but the mild sweet scallops accompanied the tender veal just fine. It was all brought together with an intoxicating beurre blanc (butter) sauce.
My wife and I spent the week in the Carmel area and had the chance to sample many of the restaurants. I can say we really did not have a bad meal anywhere but Andre's stands out as one of the most memorable.
Great food and large wine list is a winning combination

• Visited March 2013