“very good” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 153 restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietors Andre Lemaire and Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Andre Lemaire prepares authentic French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant, telephone 831-626-7880. We are open for lunch from 11:30 until 2:30 Wednesday through Sunday.
Phoenix, Maryland
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had a great experience here. After looking over several menus from nearby restaurants, we chose Andre's. We sat at the bar thinking we were just going to have a few appetizers but after looking over the menu and listening to the waiter explain the specials, I opted to order off the menu.
My wife had the escargots. We both have had them and prepared many ways but this was truely a unique experience. They were done in a demi glaze with hazel nuts. Highly recommend them along with the french onion soup and the salmon tartare/smoked salmon.
I had the sea scallops on top of the veal medallions. Sounds like a bit of an odd combination but the mild sweet scallops accompanied the tender veal just fine. It was all brought together with an intoxicating beurre blanc (butter) sauce.
My wife and I spent the week in the Carmel area and had the chance to sample many of the restaurants. I can say we really did not have a bad meal anywhere but Andre's stands out as one of the most memorable.
Great food and large wine list is a winning combination

• Visited March 2013

89% Recommend
“We went for the corkage and that was a mistake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We brought our own wine! What a mistake! The wine list is superb, and we don't think that this restaurant really wants its clientele bringing wines to the table. The duck was a bit too sweet (pear sauce) and the salad overdressed, but the risotto was some of the best in Carmel!

Visited January 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I went there for dinner and we are very glad we chose this place.
The meal was remarkable in all aspects.
The service was very gentle and prestative. The russian sommelier really knew how to express himself and recommend a bottle. The entreés were delicious and so were the main courses. We both ordered the same dish, a beef with some sort of red wine reduction.
We really liked this place.
In our 2 weeks trip throughout California this meal was truly the best!

• Visited September 2013
Saratoga, California
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great food, great service, excellent wine selection, nice cozy atmosphere. Good place for romantic dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Wonderful food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed in Carmel for two days and was adviced to make a reservation at Andre´s. As a lone traveller I ended up at the bar, the room was crowded. And being a rather reserved North European I do get a bit stressed when I have total strangers at my elbows, but the excellent food, wine and service soon made me loosen up. I don´t know if I´ll ever be back, but I´ll recommend Andre´s to anyone.

• Visited October 2013