“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietors Andre Lemaire and Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Andre Lemaire prepares authentic French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant, telephone 831-626-7880. We are open for lunch from 11:30 until 2:30 Wednesday through Sunday.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I went there for dinner and we are very glad we chose this place.
The meal was remarkable in all aspects.
The service was very gentle and prestative. The russian sommelier really knew how to express himself and recommend a bottle. The entreés were delicious and so were the main courses. We both ordered the same dish, a beef with some sort of red wine reduction.
We really liked this place.
In our 2 weeks trip throughout California this meal was truly the best!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Saratoga, California
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great food, great service, excellent wine selection, nice cozy atmosphere. Good place for romantic dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Norway
“Wonderful food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed in Carmel for two days and was adviced to make a reservation at Andre´s. As a lone traveller I ended up at the bar, the room was crowded. And being a rather reserved North European I do get a bit stressed when I have total strangers at my elbows, but the excellent food, wine and service soon made me loosen up. I don´t know if I´ll ever be back, but I´ll recommend Andre´s to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Creative and high quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had dinner at Andre's on Thanksgiving day. Andre's as all restaurants on this "American holiday" paid homage to the turkey. On this special day, Andre's had a prix fixe menu with 3 choices for the first course, 3 for the second and 2 for dessert. My husband had the stuffed mussels, the turkey with chestnut dressing and a cheese plate for dessert. I had the green salad with sweet potatoes and candied pecans , the sea bass in a beurre blanc sauce and profiteroles for dessert. Everything was delicious and my fish was outstanding. The wine list is exceptional and well priced. They offer wine by the glass and many wines by the half bottle and, of course, the full bottle. I plan to visit on a non holiday day so I can order from the regular menu which has more choices. Although I did notice that some people ordered a not on the menu appetizer and, my husband ordered the cheese plate which was also not on menu. Lovely when a restaurant has some flexibility.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Top Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We debated whether to have out anniversary dinner here after reading the recent reviews of this restaurant. However, we decided to make reservations after enjoying the delicious aromas that came from the kitchen while we read the menu in the street. We were not disappointed. Our meal was delicious. I ordered one of the nightly specials, a rack of veal, for $33. My husband had the braised short-ribs from the regular menu. Be sure to save room for dessert, as they are exceptional.

As for the unfavorable reviews... First it is unfair to judge this restaurant against one

Visited November 2013