“Wonderful food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 152 restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietors Andre Lemaire and Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Andre Lemaire prepares authentic French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant, telephone 831-626-7880. We are open for lunch from 11:30 until 2:30 Wednesday through Sunday.
Athens, GA
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here in early August. The atmosphere is wonderful. The service was sufficiently good. The food was also very good. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer. I has the 12 oz. ribeye for my entree. It was good - my only complaint was that I ordered it medium rare and it was medium. I did not want to complain, but for a $30+ steak, I do expect it to be cooked to order, or at the very least, for the chef to err on the side of the less cooked. My wife ordered the salmon filet and was very pleased.

My one and only complaint about this restaurant was the man I presume was the sommelier. My wife and I had been tasting some sauv blancs, and wanted a sauv blanc bottle. We found a nice local and admittedly on-the-cheaper-end-of-things sauv blanc and ordered it. Sommelier guy proceeds to say, "Oh, if you're thinking of that, then you should get this one" and points to a French white which is $10 more. To which I say, "well, we're really looking for a sauvignon blanc, so I think we'll stick with the California one". To which he goes into an explanation as to how the French wine is superior to the California wine, etc. It just reeked of upselling and his refusal to give up the sales pitch was annoying. At that point, I was getting angry and just agreed to the French wine to end the conversation.

So the server, the food, and the atmosphere was excellent. The sommelier annoyed me quite a bit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Carmel, California, United States
“I love everything about his restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here many times. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, and the dining room is small. I enjoy watching the chef work in the open kitchen. The diningroom staff are efficient, gracious, and personable. The food is delicious, beautifully presented, and fairly priced. It's a wonderful choice for a romantic dinner, or a dinner or luncheon with friends. I love the owner's flower arrangements, and their attention to cleanliness and hospitality. I especially like their Lobster Bisque and Prawn Salad. My favorite desert is the Calvados Apple Cake with salted caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream. Truly, everything we have ever ordered has been very good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Kentucky
“Delicious Food Value, But Pricey Wine List”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We chose the place because of the excellent reviews here. My wife had the Mushroom Bisque (a special feature for the evening, not on the menu) and found it to be a little bland. I had the Onion Soup which was outstanding!! For the main course, she had the Veal Medallions topped with Scallops and was delighted with it's flavor and uniqueness. I had the Ribeye which was adequate with a very flavorful demi glaze. We split an carmel apple dessert (not on the online menu, and I can't remember the name) that had cinnamon ice cream and the consistency of bread pudding. It was AMAZING!!

The one drawback we found was that while they had a huge wine list, there were very few under $50/bottle, and most were in the $80+ range and higher.

The service was fantastic, and the proprieters were there onsite as excellent hosts.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We enjoyed Andre's our first night of our recent trip. The food was very good and the wine was also quite good. However, we did have a small problem in that we asked to order wine but the sommelier was busy discussing wine with other diners. our waiter kept checking on us, but waiting for the sommelier to talk to us and to order wine. Our sommelier (who seemed to be offering neighboring tables various tastes of different wines but did not offer any to us) eventually got to us after visiting several tables more than once.. We had heard a lot about the restaurant and thought it was quite good, but would have liked to start sipping our wine a little earlier. I have to admit that the food was tasty but not memorable. I had sweetbreads which were good and to which I was very much looking forward, but they were not quite the sublime experience I had built them up to be in my head.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Will definitely be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was excellent. The wine suggested was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant. Just be sure to make reservations.

Visited August 2013