“One of my favorite places in Carmel” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mundaka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Basque
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Ocean Ave & 7th Ave
Transit: Monterey Peninsula Transit Bus Stop is located right out front on the sidewalk.
Description: Mundaka is a Spanish style tapas restaurant in downtown Carmel, CA. It is the result of great friendships, a love of food and wine and music, and a long term romance with Spain and its culture. Open in March 2009, Mundaka continues to evolve daily with the creations of our chef Brandon Miller, and the musical musings of all our talented contributors. Mundaka aspires to be the hub for all that is tasty, fun, artistic, creative, and cultural in Carmel-by-the-sea. We look forward to seeing you soon.
“One of my favorite places in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015 NEW via mobile

I can walk from my house so Mundaka is one of my Go To restaurants. Eclectic atmosphere, great bites. Service is timed to your timeframe. I've sat chatting and eating all evening or had a quick meal before the theatre.

Visited February 2015

Carmel, CA
“Used to be cool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Having dined here many times since it opened, I have become very familiar with the menu and service. The past two times I've dined here, I felt the service was rushed and inattentive as though there was some sort of drama going on between staff members. The food has become less interesting and more "workman like". I feel the original positive energy and excitement is gone from this previously hip little place. The last visit (girl's-night out) unbeknownst to us, the waiter mistakenly brought us the wrong bottle of wine (more $$ than what we ordered) and upon presenting the bill, had the gall to ask if we would split the difference in price with him. This just added to the already strange behavior/vibe we were getting from this place. We have few great restaurants in Carmel, it's a shame to lose another one.

Visited May 2014
Carmel, California
“GREAT TAPAS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

This is a five star tapas restaurant in Carmel love all of their food and wines are exceptional, friendly and courteous service I will come back next time I'm in Carmel

Visited May 2014
“Terrible food and terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Biggest disappointment in Carmel. Food was horrible, servers were rude. Do not recommend coming here.

• Visited December 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
stateline
“not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

i am vegan and Carmel doesn't offer too many options. So we decided to try this one. Service was slow, salad was good, but fried chickpeas were way tooo salty for my taste. Menu is very limited.

Visited December 2014