“Looks are deceiving-it is more than a Bar & Grill” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Bar/ Clubs
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Popular pub with a well known happy hour.
Novato, California
“Looks are deceiving-it is more than a Bar & Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

After spending the day at the Golf tournament, we wanted a place to relax, and be taken care-of, so noisy places were not an option. We saw a flyer for the J.L. Bar & Grill and thought it looked nice. As we approached from the street, I was discouraged. The entrance was into the bar, and it was LOUD. People were playing liars dice, laughing having a great time, which is nice, but not what I wanted. Then we were directed through the bar and voila, dark wood ceilings, booths, and quiet. The staff was friendly with a touch of fun. The menu had a nice selection. Prices were reasonable. The Filet Mignon melted in your mouth. The baby back ribs were tasty as well, and that comes from a person who is quite fussy about his ribs. Jack London is not a 5-star restaurant, but it sure has the atmosphere many of us enjoy in a 5-star such as, quiet, dark wood, comfortable booths, without the 5-star prices. I highly recommend this eating establishment.

“Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

The food and the service is excellent I was hoping to find one in my area!

“Not much more...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2004

Friendly atmosphere. Excellent service. Good food. Reasonable prices. Not much more you can ask for.

“Too Much Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2004

I`ve been to Jack london`s about a dozen times, uaually when I`m going to the races at Laguna. One time I got drunk with the whole Ducati race team. It`s always a good time and the foods not bad either.

San Francisco, CA
“Feel at Home Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2003

The place is warm and fuzzy with a fireplace, mahogany walls and delicious food. The staff was always friendly and I can't wait to go back. Everyone I've recommended it to had the same things to say, and they go back whenever in the Monterey area.