...the rooms would match the rest of the property. The views are outstanding. You look over some of the most spectacular coast in the world. The grounds are meticulously landscaped and absolutely beautiful. The service is outstanding (with a minor exception.) The valets are exceptionally good. The rooms, however, are another story. They are clean and have wood burning fireplaces, which is great. The deck with ocean view is wonderful.However, they have serious shortcomings. There are no additional outlets to plug in your electronics. You have to unplug something or plug your electronics in next to the sink--and water and electronics do not mix. The room is a bit cramped and the deal furniture old and chipped. The TV picture quality is poor. The bathroom is pedestrian. If only the rooms were equal to the rest, this place would be top notch. As it is, it is overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt