The inn is located on the coast, south of Carmel by the Sea. The setting is lovely, but it is quite isolated. We had a room (suite) with a wood burning fireplace, comfortable bed, and large spa tub. We also had a large deck with a view, but there was nothing to see, as it was quite foggy for the three days we were there. The room did need to be updated. The television was old, and often refused to work. Our biggest problem was the food. Our breakfast in the cafe was not acceptable. The orange juice was processed, the bread packaged, and the coffee undrinkable. There is a restaurant at the inn, but after eating in the cafe, we decided to avoid the restaurant. Unfortunately, it is a 15-20 minute drive to downtown Carmel. The inn also has a check-out time of 10AM. On our next trip to Carmel, we will stay in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt