There aren't many lovely lodging choices in the Carmel area. Perhaps Monterey has a few swanky hotels, but none with a view and location like this Hyatt. And if you limit yourself to the Carmel area, my observation during out trip was that you can easily end up in a hole by the beach. So here's what you need to know. If you're a family with young children, this place totally works. We stayed in a room with a kitchen and an upstairs bedroom with a King bed and a giant bathroom. There was a 2nd bathroom downstairs. The bedroom was open to the room below which makes early bedtime a little complex but not a deal breaker. The pool was good enough for children. 3.5 feet was the shallow end. If you're looking for a pretty place to eat a meal, there is no better view than that from the restaurants at this hotel. Don't bother going elsewhere if a view is what you want. The grounds are well kept and pretty. And while the rooms and buildings are older and not glossy, they were really just right. Paired with the spectacular service from every single employee we encountered at this property, this Hyatt is the place to stay when visiting the Carmel area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt