The Hyatt Carmel Highlands has one major asset; the location offers fantastic views of the rugged California coastline. We had a large one-bedroom unit that was a great place to snuggle down for romantic evenings. We especially enjoyed the in-room wood fireplace, the in-room kitchen and the beds were quite comfortable. The property also has a decent exercise room. The down side is that this is an older property that doesn't look great from the outside even with nicely maintained grounds. Expensive golf clubs are a mainstay of the area. Downtown Carmel is an understated beauty. While there is great natural beauty in the area, I'd recommend the hotel only for a 1-2 night stay. Be forewarned, there are many stairs since the Hyatt is built on a hillside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt