The stay here was incredible but we sought out a review based on the restaurant alone. We were blown away that a four star rated restaurant had food about as good (if not worse)as some of our regular restaurant jaunts that are a quarter of the price. Many of our local Santa Cruz restaurants are ten times better for a fraction if the cost( and that's not saying much). We had the duck and chicken which were both over cooked,flavorless and dry. The polenta had absolutey no flavor. Nothing to complain about from an ordinary restaurant where an entree (an entire entree)costs about twenty bucks.....but when you are paying fifty dollars for a tiny piece meat( sides are extra)....I expect perfection. This restaurant is beyond overpriced. On a positive note the tuna tartar was absolutely incredible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt