This location was a surprise. From the upper level of the two floor suite the ocean view was unobstructed. To be able to sit and watch the waves was great. We loved it. Then we went to the main lobby area, which was even better set up with comfortable chairs and a telescope. The whales were right there. In twenty years of living by the ocean, this was the best whale watching experience by far. The room was comfortable and fully appointed. The hotel service was unfailing and quick to respond to requests. This space was almost too comfortable to leave!
The only reason for leaving the 5th star off was the restaurant service. It fell short of the quality of the hotel itself, especially considering the prices. Especially for dinner, you will find something much better in Carmel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt