We just returned from our 20th Anniversary trip and we stayed at the Highlands Inn, Carmel. It's nice that the hotel gave us a suite high up in the hill with a beautiful view of the ocean, the cove, and Point Lobos State Park. Shortly after we checked in, they also sent in a bottle of chilled champangue and chocolate coated strawberries. The suite has a fully equipped kitchen, nice sitting area, and a huge hot tub. Nicely furnished. Being up on the top floor, we enjoyed plenty of view and still have privacy. It certainly make our Anniversary very romantic and memorable. However, we didn't get to see sunset because it was cloudy the two days we were there.
We took the timeshare offers so the two night stay was very good rate and the timeshare units are also supposedly better than the hotel units. The timeshare presentation was decent and not a lot of pressure.
The Pacific Edge restaurant was outstanding. We truly enjoyed our meals. We loved the tasting menu, the lobster appetizer, and I have a surprisingly good carrot cake which has a yummy mango and pineapple roll on top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt