Hyatt Carmel Highlands probably has one of the best locations in Big Sur/ California coast. We were so lucky to stay there during such clear days to immensely enjoy the breath-taking view of the ocean right from our balcony. It was also an amazing time for whale watching as a pod of whales decided to hang out all day in front of the resort. We could literally see them popping up/ spraying water without the binoviewers every few seconds, from morning to dawn. I also loved waking up to the sounds of birds and seals and the smell of firewood burning on Hyatt’s high standard comfy bed – such special rustic luxurious feeling that hard to find elsewhere.
Services at Hyatt also met our expectations – polite, pleasant and smiley employees all around. We were happily welcomed by a personal bell person who took us around to introduce the resort’s properties and to our room. Housekeeping offered water bottles and checked up to see if we needed anything. Services at the restaurants were a little bit slow at rushed time, but the view would keep you entertained the whole time. Most hotel guests that we saw were older couples and a few families with young children, and even though the walls in the room were pretty thin, it was overall pretty quiet and relax environment during our stay.
We had an ocean view king room, and the room itself was probably not worth its price tag. The ready-to-use wood burn fireplace was nice touch, and the bed was comfy and big, however, it took most of the space in the room. The bathroom was a bit outdated, small with no bathtub. If it were a foggier day and no whales, I’m afraid we would be slightly disappointed with our decision to stay there.
If you have never been to Carmel, Point Lobos hike is a must, so is Carmel by the sea (15 minutes up North) and McWay waterfalls (half an hour down south). There are also wonderful local fruit stands and farmer markets around the area. Hope you will enjoy your stay at Hyatt Carmel Highlands!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt